What to do next

Well I am now done with level 2, so have a lot of spare time. Will go on holidays and chill out. But im thinking, what else can i do that will really add to my resume, and add value. I was thinking maybe CPA (the aussie version), since I do work in big 4. Anyone got any otehr ideas?? Not raelly interested in FRM, or CAIA stuff as I dont see how that would relate to me

Also ACCA is an option instead of CPA

Better choose CPA coz it is 4 exams instead of 14.

On a global scale, they rank as follows; 1. CA 2. CPA 3. ACCA CA is the most inflexible, but I think the most highly sought after.

If you’re in for a challange you could do swedsec, http://www.swedsec.se/ you don’t have to comment about it being difficult to read but there are translations. What it is about? " … impose a requirement that all persons who provide financial advice or investment advice must possess specific skills for this. SwedSec’s ambition is not to impose an obligatory requirement that all persons who perform such advisory services hold a Licence." It’ll take you a couple of months to decipher the language; the stuff itself you are already familiar with from Level I and Level II.

CA I would do. But it is not available in scandinavia. This is the aussie CPA, not sure if its 4 exams, its different to the USA. ACCA, yeh im not sure of its global standing, so thinking maybe it would not be worth it. Its quite cheap though like 50 pounts or so an exam. And there are 14 exams, of which 9 exams I am exempt from due to my uni degree.

Can you find out with the UK CA (ICAEW is much more elitist than ACCA) - I think they might have an option for you. With an exception of the American CPA - all these other exams will give you a problem once you are out of their country of origin, but never with CA.

I did contact ICAEW, they said taht my work place has to be authorised training enterprise, so i dhave to apply for that all and its awhole big shiband and not worht the effort. and have to go across to UK ig uess for the focus sessions. I do see a lot of jobs posted where they say CA / ACCA, so tis not that bad The aussie CPA aint bad either, its well recognised in aussie, obviously below CA though, and is offered and heavily promoted in asia

Cue up the obligatory slew of “I have no idea what to do with myself when I’m not studying for a test or given directions on what to do with my life or micromanaged 24/7” post-exam threads. I think even 5 year olds can figure it out.

ACCA is world largest and fastest growing body mainly because of its smart foreign policies. Thus though ACA may be a bit more popular in UK and Australia. On the global scale including Asian countries ACCA moves ahead. Though I may be biased because I am ACCA.

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Cue up the obligatory slew of “I have no idea what > to do with myself when I’m not studying for a test > or given directions on what to do with my life or > micromanaged 24/7” post-exam threads. I think even > 5 year olds can figure it out. Dude, this is much more creative and useful than a rant after being served a crappy meal by a 10 year old in McDonald. Respectfully.

Sorry, I don’t respond to racists.

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sorry, I don’t respond to racists. I do not think you are a racist either, so no problems. In any case, who cares?

racists? what you talking bout willis?

I care. There is no room for racists on this message board, so take your sh!t to ignorantbigot.com or something.

maddane Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > racists? what you talking bout willis? Was referring to JOE2010’s rant of hate against white people in another thread. And also the fact that he’s referring to African-American McDonald’s clerks as “10 year olds” in the above post.

Wheres this racism rant against us white folks?

JTLD posts a crappy response to a genuine question. I remind him his more sh!tty posts then he calls me a racist!!! Come on daj224, simply grow up and seek your attention elsewhere!

CPA Australia has a mutual recognition agreement with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/SID-3F57FECA-A400160A/cpa/hs.xsl/1606_4627_ENA_HTML.htm

Ok I offer my apology to JOE2010, I went back to look at the McDonald’s thread and it was actually mo34 who was spewing the racist rhetoric. JOE2010 just had his head way up mo34’s @ss but wasn’t nearly on the same ignorant plane.