What to focus on Econ?

Hi all, Any body could illuminate me on critical things for Econ section? Perhaps, we should post ‘What to focus on’ for each section of curriculum? Many thanks S

People may say all the LOS’s and they are right, but I remember a lot of the bid/ask spread questions and interest rate parity. Balance of Payments was big on the 2008 exam, so I wouldn’t worry to much about it this time around.

trek7000, If LOS is the decider, then will you be able to answer this post: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,884703 Many thanks S

It will be hard to pinpoint anything. Last year we all stuck to the big stuff, currency relations, triangular arbitrage, etc. Come test day the only vignetter had half of the questions on balance of payments (BOP) stuff. Many got burned (me included).

I am pretty confused with covered, uncovered interest rate parity, spot rate, forward rate, expected spot rate etc. The parity relationship is spinning my head. Can somebody help me out with this? Many thanks S

search for posts on this in the last week of May or the first week of June last year. I can’t remember who, but someone tied all of these together really nicely. I do remember that JDV was a part of the thread. In fact, he may have started it.

I agree with Trek’s first line, nothing is off limits. For example, I would never have thought they would test quant without any questions at all on multiple regression or time series. Sure enough… Some would say that it’s not a fair reflection of the curriculum. (Myself included). Unfortunately, the reality is, they can and will test anything and we need to be prepared for it.

The GDP deflator is pretty unclear in CFAI text as well as in Schweser. Has anyone got it what they are saying? Thanks S

BOP

Last year they mixed ECON with QUANT. That is somewhat tricky if you ask me.

Considering that I am struggling with one concept, I can see the trouble when they mix things. S

that national accounting chapter is just the nitty type of stuff they like. like the BOP… i never felt comfortable with that national accouting stuff when it got detailed. just hoped it wasn’t on the exam.