What to review from L1 before starting L2??

anyone planning on reviewing topics from L1 before starting L2? If so, what topics in each of the sections do you plan on reviewing? I was speaking to a family friend who took and failed L2 this past June. He mentioned that some topics in quant such as hypothesis testing shows up in L2 as regression analysis and that I should spend time to refresh and "hammer home"the concepts I might have missed. I passed L1 with committing about 300 hrs of constant study from Jan to June…no cramming last 2 months. I felt ready for the exam and obviously got the results I set out to achieve. With L2 I want to spend from Sept-December building a foundation of the material and focus from Jan to Mid April reviewing and cleaning up and spend April-June 4th taking practice exams. I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO REVIEW from level 1? any previous L2 takers please provide some insight. any L2 first timers whats your schedule looking like and what do you think needs to be reviewed???

I wouldn’t bother. I never did and turned out fine :-)… If you want to review a key section it would be the FSA…but even the FSA is never as brutal as Schweser makes them in the Qbank. I was actually very surprised how straight-forward the FSA was on the exam.

Don’t waste your time on reviewing L1. Everything is self-contained in L2. Schweser does publish a small “refresher” book for L1 similar to secret sauce that might help. No need to spend more than a few hours TOTAL on your L1 review, though!

i think if im having a tough time on a section in level 2, i might then go back to level 1 material to try and understand it a little better

Hello - I asked question on a previous post and was told that the L2 Curriculum includes some reviews of L1 stuff. It sounds like the L2 books have everything we need. I hope that’s true!

HorseGirl Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hello - I asked question on a previous post and > was told that the L2 Curriculum includes some > reviews of L1 stuff. It sounds like the L2 books > have everything we need. > > I hope that’s true! Yes it is indeed true…

They are thick enough to have everything you need BUT the kitchen sink!

you do not need to touch level 1. Do not add any more material there is more then enough

don’t look at level 1 except for ratios and inventory accounting…