What to start next after Quant for Level 1?

Which study session should I tackle after getting over with Quant section, i am hoping to finish difficult stuffs first?

FRA – weighted 20% of exam and pretty tough material.

Yeah study FRA next. After that do FI, Equity, CF, or PM in whichever order you like… and better keep ethics for the last if you haven’t studied that already.

how much time would FRA take to complete? (would appreciate ball park number)

It took me about 3 weeks, but i drilled it and after finishing reading I did so many problems ended up getting 70%> in FRA. which was actually my weakest subject after reading.

how many hrs…did you spend on FRA?

Reading the material i spent about 50 hours, but to be honest when April came and i started doing problems full time I could not score above 40% on FRA I was so frustrated, kept doing practice problems and learning why i was i doing so badly. After I did 3000 practice problems all. Almost all the FRA questions from the schweser qbank. I drilled the mocks and at my first mock FRA was my worst section, so after finishing it and reviewing what i did right and wrong, i would take a couple of days to re-read the sections of FRA that i was doing poorly ( i never forgot about the other sections but my weight was on FRA). In total i spent 480 hours studying, I would say focused on FRA i spent about 200 on FRA. Practice problems where the key for me. I would learn why i got it right and also why the other 2 options where wrong.

ps. When i started doing the mocks, another thing that helped me get over the FRA hump was leaving it till the end. After the first 3 mocks i started using this strategy, I improved dramatically my exam results and also my FRA results since I would come with the confidence of having done for example Fixed income which was relatively easy for me.

Ethics is huge. I read it first AND last.

@ados : Go for FRA, Im also planning to do FRA once Im done with Quants.

I guess FRA is a topic which you just have to study early, and be thorough with.

i don’t have experience but if you studied only quants and FRA is so difficult i would suggest something a little easier first to become more self confident before starting the most difficult topic

I personally dont study one topic throughout a week. Your retention is severely affected if you do that. I always go with a lighter subject together with a tougher subject.

Key to everything is after you finish a study session, just go through End of Chapter Summary of CFAI text! You wont forget things very easily if you do this.

Also Ethics, the more you solve the better it is. Remember Ethics is a test which is not repeatable. By this I mean to say that, if you wrote an answer to a particular question in Ethics now, its NOT necessary you would choose the same option if you answer the question again a different day. So key to this is to get a HABIT of choosing the right answer in Ethics. How do you get this habit/behaviour? Simple, keep doing 3-5 questions everyday! Believe me it works and works BIG time!

That is so relative…what’s difficult to you might not be so difficult for me and vice versa.

Don’t try to make overly complex…is very simple indeed…start with the 1st and finish with the 6th. Or do it however you like it. Specially on Level 1…the topics are pretty much independent from each other…

I’ve been going through this stuff as presented to me. I’m now on Econ and will move on to whatever the next book is from there. Is this a stupid strategy? I’m trying not to think too much into this!

There are no stupid strategies. Just take it however you like it best. Most topics are really independent from each other. Probably you would like to read first quants to refresh some statistical concepts…but that’s about it…

I read the books in order…just becuase I found no good reason to do it otherwise…I guess I thought someone at CFAI took the time to put them in that order for a reason…now I don’t see any reason why I couldn’t start with book 6 and finish with book 1…as you said…dont waste time thinking about “strategy” and use that time reading…