what to take on after CFA?

I would recommend the “stop being a tool” exam.

Still waiting for my application to be accepted, but it’s through a uni in QLD, looking into the portfolio performance and asset allocation decisions of SMSF’s.

maybe get a life?

More Steroids and thongs

ahmadmadoff Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I compete in bodybuilding and power lifting and > that gives me a very strong personality. When you > get up on stage wearing a thong; you lose any > feelings of shyness and you become very aggressive > (not physically). Aleksey Vayner? Is that you?? I sense a strange resemblance… Or maybe it’s just that all toolboxes think finance and bodybuilding & “power lifting” are highly correlated.

pawn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “For you guys in developed countries, you would > think I am full of crap and I am just looking for > a scapegoat. It is reality here, a sad reality. > This must be one factor why my country cant > progress, the candidate is selected not based on > competence but based on whether they are of the > right sect and family.” > > > Ahmadmadoff, welcome to America. You’ve gotta be kidding pawn. I realize now that the job market isn’t as easy and you gotta hustle a lot more, America still is one of the best places to get ahead no matter what your background is. As long as you can put in the work and are strategic with your approach, you will succeed one way or another.

bodhisattva Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > numi Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > My advice to you and many others on this forum: > > Stop taking exams and get some good work > > experience. I have some idea as to why people > on > > this board are so obsessed with exam-taking, but > I > > don’t see a good reason why they feel that way. > > There are tons of smart people in the workplace > > that can pass exams, but relatively fewer > people > > that also have the proper work background and > the > > soft skills needed to co-exist in the > workplace. > I agree with you however my belief is that alot of > soft skills, i.e. critical thinking, communication > and interpersonal abilities are either innate or > are only really developed through life experience > or in the liberal arts which are often dennigrated > on this forum. Yes, well those individuals that propagate the belief that soft skills are irrelevant or are even somehow less important than analytical/“hard” skills are doing a real injustice to the forum. Some people must find it hard to imagine how to build a career in finance without the CFA, but the financial industry has existed for centuries before the advent of the CFA and people still did fine. How, you ask? By having an edge in the market, and having the necessary soft skills and relationship-building acumen to draw investors in…

Well said.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bodhisattva Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > numi Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > My advice to you and many others on this > forum: > > > Stop taking exams and get some good work > > > experience. I have some idea as to why people > > on > > > this board are so obsessed with exam-taking, > but > > I > > > don’t see a good reason why they feel that > way. > > > There are tons of smart people in the > workplace > > > that can pass exams, but relatively fewer > > people > > > that also have the proper work background and > > the > > > soft skills needed to co-exist in the > > workplace. > > > I agree with you however my belief is that alot > of > > soft skills, i.e. critical thinking, > communication > > and interpersonal abilities are either innate > or > > are only really developed through life > experience > > or in the liberal arts which are often > dennigrated > > on this forum. > > > Yes, well those individuals that propagate the > belief that soft skills are irrelevant or are even > somehow less important than analytical/“hard” > skills are doing a real injustice to the forum. > > Some people must find it hard to imagine how to > build a career in finance without the CFA, but the > financial industry has existed for centuries > before the advent of the CFA and people still did > fine. How, you ask? By having an edge in the > market, and having the necessary soft skills and > relationship-building acumen to draw investors > in… Have to disagree, when BS came up with his option pricing formula couple decades ago, it gave a huge competitive advantage to those using it… it is quite useless now… couple of centuries back if you could take logarithm and understand basic currency arbitrage you would have advantage… It is all about the context

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It is all about the context and the muscles