What was the point of this stupid "Muslim Radicalization" hearing?

What a dunce Peter King (am IRA supporter) is…is their any point to this crap other than fan the flames of hatred for muslims and anybody percieved to be muslim? Just a few days back a couple of Sikhs were shot and one killed in Sacramento by what is suspected to be a hate crime. Is this hearing to promote more of such attacks by some ignorant fool? And look at the irony on the day of the hearing this happened: Man charged with attempted MLK Day bombing linked to neo-Nazi group http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2014443763_spokanebomb10m.html What is going on in this country??? Maybe mo34 can shed some light.

Politics as usual on Capitol Hill…no need to solve issues like unemployment, budget stalemate, crisis in the middle east, Nuclear North Korea, instability in Pakistan, War in Afghanistan, Crisis in Ivory Coast…this takes precedence…Politics as usual if you ask me.

I’ve read a few things here and there about what King is doing, but don’t know enough to warrant an informed opinion on whether he is justified or not. However, in defense of investing this group a little more from a general standpoint , there are a decent number of Muslims that are radicalizing and to ignore that fact simply to be politically correct would be extremely foolish. Its becoming a noticeable problem in places such as the U.K. and the Netherlands. Agree with Zesty, though in a general sense. BOTH sides are making this and have made this a political issue and are not taking the justified concerns from all angles into consideration. I just hope cooled and informed heads prevail.

Cooled and informed heads are few and far in between when it comes to issues like religion unfortunately.