What will you do with your CFA?

I am going to photo copy it and send it to any girl who ever broke up with me with a note saying YOU SEE THIS? YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS? BUY AND SELL YOU A$$!!!

i am going to tell people i passed all 3 cfa exams. Then they will act impressed and ask me what the cfa is because i live in maine and nobody knows what it is.

Pretty much nada. I’m well past the point in my career where something like this makes any difference at all. Will probably join the local society for some professional socializing. Since leaving NYC for the wilds of western MA most of my finance-related interactions are on the phone…small price to pay, though…

Hiya Turkiya Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > And you don’t need to study as well, as once it > was claimed that this should be done with 2 weeks > study… > > > I think now, I can start watching Lost season 4 Your in for a treat!

sickel2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i am going to tell people i passed all 3 cfa > exams. Then they will act impressed and ask me > what the cfa is because i live in maine and nobody > knows what it is. Nice! Portland area?

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > First I’m taking a long vacation - 5 weeks. Going > back home, take my kids to meet their > grandparents, go to the beach, barbecue everyday > … etc. > > Once back here, I’m going to ask for a > significant raise. Probably will have to do some > negotiation, but it’s got to be significant. > > Maybe start on my MBA, not really sure why I > would do an MBA, but I figure it’s free and it > might come in handy one day. > > Three years from now, I’ll be eligible for US > citizenship, I’ll take the blue passport, CFA, MBA > and go cash them all in back home :). Free MBA ???

Yeah Portland, the only place in Maine where there are some people.

Actually though I live in old orchard beach, a haven for Canadian, though mostly French, tourists.

Oh OK nice area, not far from Portland. Are you a canuck? I always stop at a good truck stop in Bangor on my way through. Good greasy spoon when rolling through at like 7 in the morning after driving all night. I can’t think there would be many people writing in Portland, as there isn’t in Hali. Do you work in PM?

I am quitting my job and going to Paris. I don’t know how much the CFA charter is valuable over there. I will find that out soon.

Nice plan. I’m going to quit my job by the end of summer and head over to Asia. I’m not waiting around for what is expected to be a measly year-end bonus. tralala Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am quitting my job and going to Paris. I don’t > know how much the CFA charter is valuable over > there. I will find that out soon.

Yeah, there isn’t much in Portland besides PM. RBC’s banking analyst operation is in Portland (I find this kind of weird). Besides that there is one i banking branch office, one real vc operation, probably a few specialty real estate operations. That’s about it I think. I’m not a Canuck. I am one of the few proud Mainers without any Canadian (french or otherwise). And to any west coasters reading this post, Maine is not part of Canada.

lolll I am a french canadian and just booked for 4 nights at a nice (!!) motel in Old Orchard Beach. First week of August. :slight_smile: Ponpon

Pimp, do you have a job waiting for you in Asia or you will be finding your way there?

Not exactly, but the wheels are already in motion.

I’m gonna show it to the guys who took the test in 1985.

I will use it to make all the losers I know who couldn’t pass the CIMA feel even smaller and more insignificant, and thus give my insecure self a greater self of perceived self worth which will last at least 5 minutes until said insecurity kicks back on. …too honest?

Well, it is just a series of exams offered by a profit-oriented organization, and people who pass all three exams are still required to pay in order to use the designation although they have passed. Is this kind of designation very meaningful? You can’t bring it to heaven.

well my situation is I want to apply for associate positions (ie not analyst positions) at investment banks (not necessarily m&a). Have 2 years work experience (its normally 3 years at analyst level), plus hopefully passed cfa level 3. hopefully this will be enough

i’ll stick CFA suffix to my name on my biz card and will join those whose names are in CFA textbooks like “Rowley Paterson, CFA, is analyzing…”. oh yes, and will prolly join one of those CLT/CRT things where rich people are giving out free money, cuz i don’t think this CFA thing is going to make me rich. its funny how none of the people here are not gonna have a “life changing” impact with this CFA like any other non-ivy league degree and unlike what all those CFA sellers told us when we first started. now it makes sense why that CFA dude was giving classes on weekends. am i using it as a noun? don’t aggrevate me more…