What will you do with your CFA?

New Job? Ask for more money at current job? Save the planet? etc… Share your ideas. I think this thread will help us all get through the last week as we remind ourselves why we’re going through this misery in the first place.

Hang the charter in my cublice and hopefully get a raise…

Almosst 3.5 years from now, if I am still alive, I will send a copy to the guy who told me that I cannot do CFA because I have no background.

Wait prob 4 yrs, 2.5 at least for requisite work experience. By then aliens from the planet Melmack will likely be running the show!

Hiya Turkiya Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Almosst 3.5 years from now, if I am still alive, I > will send a copy to the guy who told me that I > cannot do CFA because I have no background. pretty funny. background has nothing to do with CFA, as with any other thing. All you need is intelligence

I disagree. I don’t think you need to be intelligent to pass this test. comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hiya Turkiya Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Almosst 3.5 years from now, if I am still alive, > I > > will send a copy to the guy who told me that I > > cannot do CFA because I have no background. > > pretty funny. background has nothing to do with > CFA, as with any other thing. All you need is > intelligence

pimp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I disagree. I don’t think you need to be > intelligent to pass this test. > > > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Hiya Turkiya Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Almosst 3.5 years from now, if I am still > alive, > > I > > > will send a copy to the guy who told me that > I > > > cannot do CFA because I have no background. > > > > pretty funny. background has nothing to do with > > CFA, as with any other thing. All you need is > > intelligence so you dont need to be intelligent AND you dont need to have experience. We are getting somewhere :slight_smile:

I wont even qualify to get my charter. I dont even work where my experience would count towards it. I just like studying i guess and if i will land a nice analyst job at some HF i will take it

You just need to be willing to waste your time memorzing vast amounts of information you’ll rarely ever use again!

And you don’t need to study as well, as once it was claimed that this should be done with 2 weeks study… I think now, I can start watching Lost season 4

What work do you do? I’m in ER…and just a small fraction of this stuff is useful for Equity Research. I’m going to quit if I pass this exam and head over to Asia and do something more worthwhile. comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wont even qualify to get my charter. I dont even > work where my experience would count towards it. I > just like studying i guess and if i will land a > nice analyst job at some HF i will take it

I plan to use mine as a noun and see if I can get away with it…just kidding…while the credential will be nice I actually, rather naively, embarked on this long journey because of the learning of the curriculum. I didn’t want loads of others knowing stuff I didn’t know. I think it has already paid off at my job. The degree will possibly help me get a raise though.

VIOLATION!!! The CFA Charter is not a degree, it is a designation. Spur Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I plan to use mine as a noun and see if I can get > away with it…just kidding…while the credential > will be nice I actually, rather naively, embarked > on this long journey because of the learning of > the curriculum. I didn’t want loads of others > knowing stuff I didn’t know. I think it has > already paid off at my job. The degree will > possibly help me get a raise though.

I think CFA Halifax would agree that the best thing to with the CFA is show it to your retard Fund Accounting Managers who couldn’t pass L 1 and tell them to suck it… That is after you get your work experience requirement finished in 3 years (for me that is). garbage…

pimp, you are correct sir. Well spotted. I should have referred to it as a designation or a Charter and not a degree…Slap on the wrist to me…Hopefully the CFA Institute Professional Conduct Program doesn’t also spot it…A mistake that is easier to make when one is worn out and tired. Thanks because you may have just saved me from getting that somewhat subtle (at least it seems subtle when one is tired) Ethics issue wrong on the exam.

i am proud to say that ethics was my only sub 70 section on L1. I kept this failure streak going in L2 and will go for a record 3 ethics failures and passing overall on Saturday. Irony would of course be if I fail and the only section i pass is ethics

First I’m taking a long vacation - 5 weeks. Going back home, take my kids to meet their grandparents, go to the beach, barbecue everyday … etc. Once back here, I’m going to ask for a significant raise. Probably will have to do some negotiation, but it’s got to be significant. Maybe start on my MBA, not really sure why I would do an MBA, but I figure it’s free and it might come in handy one day. Three years from now, I’ll be eligible for US citizenship, I’ll take the blue passport, CFA, MBA and go cash them all in back home :).

Where’s home?

When I finally get the charter, whenever that is, I might look at finishing up my university degree.

Maybe I’ll finish up the credits to my secondary school diploma