what would you choose?

option a) job advising high net worth individuals that will make passing the CFA II harder, but look much better on resume than current job, maybe a 5-8% raise. and the chance to move up. this will make my job about 70% more stressful. option b) stay with current job that is cake, lets me get in much more hours of studying and take shorter work days without a pay cut for months before the exam. no real chance to move up here . only get nominal annual raises. i love this job too, but its not challenging anymore. but i AM a top advisor for my team.

B, keep in touch with the people from A, switch if you want to after finding out in August about L2, then push for 20% raise when the markets are hopefully a little bit better.

What makes you think that you will like being a financial advisor? The burn out rate is high. I’m not sure what the number is. Just go through some of the previous threads here. They expect you to maintain a certain amount of accounts.

Nike Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What makes you think that you will like being a > financial advisor? The burn out rate is high. I’m > not sure what the number is. Just go through some > of the previous threads here. They expect you to > maintain a certain amount of accounts. not an issue, i been an advisor for 5 years now and am going strong. got cfp now workin on level II and am happy with the industry but would prefer to be more investment orientated. lots burn out but i got extremely lucky with a good firm. also. with regard to the OP. i forgot there is also an unknown. this option A is a new area with high growth potential or may even bomb out within a year or more. could be a good seed time or could be a lost hope. either way its more stress/money than what i do now. i guess what im sayin is i dont know whether to take the “now” good offer or stick it out where i am and keep pushin for this exam. if i fail its a friggin YEAR of my life. i am leaning more towards the easy job and improve chances of exam. but part of me is also saying that high net worth advisor and handling millions of $ looks WAY better on my resume than what i could now put on my resume. if i stick with the easy job, my focus on my resume is my credentials (and i may fail!). if i look to the other job. it improves my work experience, but then i risk another year (most likely more) on this license.

cant you stick it out until CFA 2 scores come out, then gun it?

Perhaps it’s irrelevant but how old are you and what are your future goals? If you’re in your 20’s and want to stay in a client facing advisory relationship I’d stay put. But if you said 20% instead of 5% I may reply differently.