What you don’t do! You do for love! Managing expectations!

nerdy, bro, you are too penny pinching and faux baller to be going raw dawg. wrap dat up 100p

Fun fact: average Toronto wedding (150-200 guests) these days: 60k CAD, 46k USD. Colossal waste of funds; definitely, but if it’s a tax to keep the wife off your back for 40 odd years, might be worth it. Most of these things pay themselves off, you just need the initial capital. Don’t invite stingy guests and you should be fine.

Related image

Nerdy you have some growing up to do lol

honestly. i dont mind paying 30k. but i want the pain to be felt equally so in this example it should bea 60k wedding. why should i pay the whole tab and have her dictate what she wants. its just not fair and it sets me up for failure in the future!

and if thats how the person thinks, i dont think its a good idea to get into a marraige contract. i mean post marraige she’ll essentially dictate what she wants since if things go south, divorce will ultimately be very expensive with alimony, plus a 50/50 split of post marital assets. not to mention, that in the us, almost half of marriages end up in divorce.

so selecting a person with the proper mindset that aligns with your goals and expectations is very important. i am actually deeply hurt and i dont want to lose her, but its a matter of principle, and assuming that this is just a one time thing is very short sighted imo. anyways i have spoken to my friend, who thinks she will bend and meet me halfway because what reasonable dude would want to pay for everything?

anyways i’ll try to look up stats on weddings paying for themselve.s but as far as i know from a few anecdotes, all of them were pretty much in the red.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with your beliefs about the money. But some of the other details and methods to try to address those concerns are not optimal imo. Too much to type though

Important stuff here. I’m banking on all of this.

Nerdy: you need to find yourself a HCB whose a hoe in the bedroom.

Sounds like Japan, only worse.

You fact check her on the groom paying for everything - that doesn’t seem accurate. Anyway, if you like the girl an easy solution would be to simply have a destination wedding in mexico. i bet 10k could get you quite the setup there.

I think this chick is more just naive about finance than a real gold digger. She probably doesn’t understand or has not thought about compound interest, opportunity cost, and other things.

i tried to explain the concept of compound interest. and she thinks im full of shit. lol.

i googled who should pay for mex culture and its the woman’s side. similar to the us culture.

in the filipino side though, the man pays. but quite honestly both is stupid. should be 50/50

Some young people these days are getting a house first, then kid(s), then a wedding. Seems like you’re well on the way, nephew!!