What's CFAI's disaster recovery plan?

With all the test centers in the world you’d think some of them would have some kind a event which makes it impossible to take the exam at the scheduled exam center. (Mudslide, earthquake, gas leak, or even something simple like double-booking). I would think the most fair thing to for CFAI to do is offer a different test say a week later. But it appears CFAI has no such plan in place. You’d just be SOL like the Candidates in Ghana who had their exam papers lost. But don’t worry I’m sure everyone will be okay!

What if the UPS driver in Virginia gets into an accident and the truck containing all the papers is burned to a crisp?

the exams are already in the building

CFA should ask us all to swear on the CFAI CBOK Ethics and Professional Standards and give an honest answer if we deserve to pass and go with it :slight_smile:

you know what happened in Africa they lost answer sheets of 275 candidates who sat exams in Ghana The institute provided those affected with a full refund of their exam fees and travel costs, will waive the fees for their next registration, and will invite them to re-sit the test on Feb. 5, the e-mail shows

there were 275 candidates testing in Ghana? This thing is going global. Any Ghana candidates on this forum? ga! Twi!

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > there were 275 candidates testing in Ghana? This > thing is going global. Any Ghana candidates on > this forum? ga! Twi! I am in Nigeria and the closest center to me is in Accra, Ghana. I don’t mind if CFAI loses the answer sheets again. As long as they refund payment for the exam, travel and hotel stay costs. Then give me the exam free again July 5 and pay for travel and pay for a 5-star hotel. I promise, I will not lose my objectivity.

A good thing they haven’t signed up to the (voluntary) Asset Manager Code!

Me.tega! glad to hear you are also in Nigeria and will be going to Ghana. please I do not want a repeat of what happened to the level 1 candidates last december. No amount of money can compensate me for all my troubles (I mean study) on this program since the last 3years. I just want to finish this June, and never have to read for CFA exams ever again. (amen) Please do me a mail at afolabicfa@gmail.com. I think we can connect.