What's harder to perfect; Golf swing or Tennis serve?

From the July 31 issue of Sports Illustrated: Median salaries for various professional sports: Basketball (NBA) – $5,000,000 Baseball (MLB) – $2,800,000 Football (NFL) – $1,750,000 Hockey (NHL) – $1,500,000 Men’s Golf – $973,495 Women’s Tennis – $345,000 Men’s Tennis – $260,000 Women’s Golf – $162,043 ================================== Unless you’re a woman, Golf.

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > From the July 31 issue of Sports Illustrated: > > Median salaries for various professional sports: > > Basketball (NBA) – $5,000,000 > Baseball (MLB) – $2,800,000 > Football (NFL) – $1,750,000 > Hockey (NHL) – $1,500,000 > Men’s Golf – $973,495 > Women’s Tennis – $345,000 > Men’s Tennis – $260,000 > Women’s Golf – $162,043 > > ================================== > > Unless you’re a woman, Golf. Soooooooo making a free throw is harder than any of them? Shaq was right all along!

I play both pretty actively (although I consider myslef a “better” tennis player.), these are very different sports, hard to compare, but… tennis serve swing is the same exact stroke EVERY time, just like driving in golf (of course there are spins, placement, etc, but tessentially the same swing). The right question is which is harder…driving in golf or serving in tennis? I would say that at the pro level they are equally difficult. Next the comparison is ground strokes / net play vs golf (excluding the tee) - both require a great diversity of shots and athletic ability. I would argue putting is a completely different game on its own (this is where the pros really differentiate themselves).

Which is harder convincing your wife to swing or serve? I dunno…

IH8FSA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Numi, it’s still slow at work I guess? :slight_smile: Yes, but I was also off work by 8PM. This isn’t the sell-side, and we don’t sit at our desks unless it’s a necessary and unavoidable condition.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Which is harder convincing your wife to swing or > serve? I dunno… LOL

What is golf?

I’m going to say tennis serve, tennis is a much more physically demanding sport. You have to be in great shape in order to maintain a great serve. So a fat-a$$ wouldn’t be able to keep their serve up in say a 5th set tie break, whereas if you’re riding a cart all day you really haven’t used any energy.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Which is harder convincing your wife to swing or > serve? I dunno… “but your mouth does’nt bleed honey”--------Stay away from this line.