what's keeping you busy until july 29??

HighBall Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wow you guys are motivated. I have been drinking > and fishing. Enjoying my summer and letting my > brain relax for a few months. Hooray, somebody like-minded!

stokey99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > HighBall Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Wow you guys are motivated. I have been > drinking > > and fishing. Enjoying my summer and letting my > > brain relax for a few months. > > Hooray, somebody like-minded! I would rather die than drink, fish, and relax…it’s so boring…and my brain would atrophy.

Studying CAIA L2. Writing Sept. 15th. October 1st hopefully on to CFA L2. I did L1 CMT last year. A head trader at one of the big banks here in Canada told me it was pretty much useless. He only did L1 and L2 - didn’t see any point in completing L3. He also sits on the hiring committee of the bank. He told me that when applying to trading positions the CAIA would look almost as good as a CFA providing you had an MBA.

booze

Studying for GMAT, which sucks.

‘my brain would atrophy.’ I am feeling that already. I relaxed for a couple of weeks after the L1 exam, planning for my summer and next moves, and waiting for my CAIA material to arrive. By the time it did, I’ve lost the study momentum I had for that couple of weeks before the exam. On the other hand, my body (muscle) clearly atrophied for the couple of months I didn’t do any exercise while preparing for the L1 exam. I am actually quite in pain after starting some dancing and stretching classes. The challenge now is to prepare for CAIA L1 exam without sacrificing my fitness (I am technically past my ‘prime’, I certainly don’t need a shove in the wrong direction lol). And I am also learning the guitar. Why can’t the earth rotate slower?

Gouman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Studying for GMAT, which sucks. Ditto …planing to sit for it on 28th …lets see two important results on two days … !

BKev, Do a search for Null&Nuller. He has a ton of interesting discussions about finding the holy grail in portfolio managment. He’s been cracking away at it since the 80s utilizing every strategy possible.

Thanks, KJH! My focus on this forum is going to shift from reading current posts (since there can be so much noise and the update rate can be so low) to finding knowledgeable posters, then reading all the posts/threads they’ve ever posted/participated. So much information, knowledge, and wisdom in the AF archives!

No problem. Much like yourself I’m extending all the time I can to learning. Once results come out, if I pass, I’m planning on growing my Excel Modeling skills via Wall Street Prep.

KJH (and others), Obviously you are computer savvy…therefore…I recommend the American Association of Individual Investors (just got a $290 lifetime membership) at http://www.aaii.com/, especially their computerized investing section and Stock Investor Pro. I’m thinking it’s a good way to get practical “experience” to complement the exclusively theory world I live in.

Was on vacation in VA, enjoying the summer, “cooking a bun in the oven” come December, ya know…the usual!

Nice Amber, I was wondering where you’ve been. How is the bun coming along by the way?

I haven’t stopped drinking

I started going out. For tennis lessons:)

Drinking and snogging chicks in clubs.

For_the_Children97 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I haven’t stopped drinking haha thats a good one. I have just started work and have been preparing for the series 7 for the last couple days (which is literally a joke compared to CFA, like jr high to college). I have also been studying option and reading the book by Natenburg.

Gameday, do you even have to study for the 7? LOL. I do remember options being more extensive than the CFA. KJH, I thought I could stay away! The bun is doing fine. Starting to feel some kicking. I sure hope I passed b/c I don’t think taking the exam on Dec. 6th is a good idea when I am due Dec. 13! I had a very real dream that I passed a few days ago. Go figure.

So we went to a George Michael concert at the United arena in Chicago. It was amazing!

looking for a job