what's my market value after finishing CFA programs

there is the hypothetical situation: Financial accountant, non practical experience in finance industry, but having passed all the 3 levels. What sort of career expectation the person is able to hold? start from entry level @ finance?

A Guy in my MBA program passed Level 1 (english undergrad) and got numerous equity research type interviews and ended up at StateStreet. I would think an individual with a Charter can get into EQ/AM roles easily. Invest in a solid headhunter [Time not Money]

Is this a top ranked MBA program we’re talking about?

kenanadu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A Guy in my MBA program passed Level 1 (english > undergrad) and got numerous equity research type > interviews and ended up at StateStreet. I would > think an individual with a Charter can get into > EQ/AM roles easily. Invest in a solid headhunter So are you implying that the CFA L 1 got him the interview?

That kind of logic will not get you a high score on the GMAT…

LongOnCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That kind of logic will not get you a high score > on the GMAT… Hey! I don’t know if this comment was intended for me but I did get a high score on the GMAT. Thanks!

homie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kenanadu Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > A Guy in my MBA program passed Level 1 (english > > undergrad) and got numerous equity research > type > > interviews and ended up at StateStreet. I > would > > think an individual with a Charter can get into > > EQ/AM roles easily. Invest in a solid > headhunter > > > So are you implying that the CFA L 1 got him the > interview? I am implying that passing the lvl 1 and taking the level 2 in Jun 08 got him the interview. As far as I know, BA English majors don’t have much experience with asset management and Equity Research? If I am mistaken, I apologize

level 1 gets you the interview level 2 gets you the job level 3 gets you the promotion - or - level 1 gets you the car level 2 gets you the girl level 3 gets you the good stuff

billwest Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > level 1 gets you the interview > level 2 gets you the job > level 3 gets you the promotion > > - or - > > level 1 gets you the car > level 2 gets you the girl > level 3 gets you the good stuff Ferrari?

see list 1, level 2, first.

billwest Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > level 1 gets you the interview > level 2 gets you the job > level 3 gets you the promotion > > - or - > > level 1 gets you the car > level 2 gets you the girl > level 3 gets you the good stuff -or- level 1 gets you a headache level 2 gets you high blood pressure level 3 gets you an ulcer

volante99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > billwest Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > level 1 gets you the interview > > level 2 gets you the job > > level 3 gets you the promotion > > > > - or - > > > > level 1 gets you the car > > level 2 gets you the girl > > level 3 gets you the good stuff > > > -or- > > level 1 gets you a headache > level 2 gets you high blood pressure > level 3 gets you an ulcer …enh…oh my god.

kenanadu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A Guy in my MBA program passed Level 1 (english > undergrad) and got numerous equity research type > interviews and ended up at StateStreet. I would > think an individual with a Charter can get into > EQ/AM roles easily. Invest in a solid headhunter who needs a MBA (whether top ranked or not) if has already handled all the good knowledge during his/her Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and finance Double majors)? I just think MBA is for someone with no commerce backgrounds. don’t understand why banks value the MBA degree that much.

The uni i went to is ranked in the Top 80 MBA programs in the world. Is that considered top ranking?

Which Uni? UWA or Curtin or Finsia or anywhere else? I was from Curtin.

Curtin Uni (No. 80/100). Only Monash (in Australia) is above it at No.43/100. Cpapeng: Isn’t it great to see that UWA didn’t make the cut :slight_smile: reference http://mba.eiu.com/index.asp?layout=2002rankings

what do you think about an MBA from Indian Business School ? It’s ranked 20th at global mba rankings. Whats attractive is the cost. Total expenses = 40k $

I live in India…the post-placements are really selective. You typically can’t move to another industry & sub-sector. Which I think is really strange for an MBA program. I’m in Fixed Income & Treasury…I KNOW I’m gonna burn out in 10 years. Why would I spend a year to do a scary ass thing I don’t like at a higher price?Not my cuppa… And the intake is 400+…that’s really killing off the exclusivity isn’t it?That said, it’s a top-notch school…should be in the Top 10 in a few years. The oddity is…it’s been around like 7 years max.