What's new - 2009 curriculum

Hi, Has anyone identified the changes in the L2 curriculum from 2008 to 2009? D.

Hi, Can anyone pass a link or some information regarding changes in syllabus?It owuld be really helpful. Thanks

Here is a link to the 2009 Lii curriculum outline. http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/resources/leveliioutline.html

If you do a search, someone here made a very thorough comparison of the curriculum this year to last.

Does CFAI provide an entire new set of books or just one extra book with the new material?

Stalla said that Financial Statements are having a very large change.

Tmeister B Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Stalla said that Financial Statements are having a > very large change. do you really think any study source provider would say there were only minor, inconsequential changes??

I guess we’ll see.

Tmeister B Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Stalla said that Financial Statements are having a > very large change. Great. I crushed FSA and now they’re changing it.

So there are no real resources here? We have to manually go through the new material to figure out changes? Seem inefficient…

I would not believe what Stalla has to say about the curriculum. I just eyeballed the FSA sections for next year and it does look like much has changed. I hate it when providers try to lie about curriculum when they are actually their to help us not just make money.

Hi Pylon, I did a search and unfortunately couldn’t find anything related to the L2 2008/2009 comparison. I’ve had a quick glance and it looks like there have been some changes to the FSA (i.e. reshuffling of readings, a couple of removals and additions). Also some additonal reading to AI, FI, PM but no major changes by the looks of things. I’ll do a through comparison this weekend and share it with you all…

Dhillon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ll do a through comparison this weekend and > share it with you all… That’s awesome…thanks very much in advance!

When I was at Windsor for Schweser’s SSFA seminar, they indicated that level 1 for 2008 had been changed due to the move towards adopting IFRS accounting. I imagine that level two will be changes to reflect that as well for next year.

Also, structurally, the Level 2 exam is now going to have 3 multiple choice questions as opposed to 4.

don’t forget that the 3rd party vendors are in it to make money - so they try to scare you into believing that a huge amount has changed each year - so you buy more stuff from them. Eg. L2 in 2008 was 30% changed from L2 in 2007 - sounds huge. But at least half of that was simply CFAI switching text books - so the texts/readings were different, but the underlying concepts/LOSs were the same. Eg Economics texts/readings were almost all different (new text books), but the content was the same. The LOSs were worded differently and in different order - but essentially the same old stuff. But there were a few genuine changes - eg Time series was shifted from L3 to L2 in 2008. So, use CFAI stuff as your start point - then supplement with 3rd party stuff if you need to. Don’t base your decision on what the vendors tell you - could be more expensive than it needs to be cheers (I did L2 in 2008)