What's the point of passing level II?

Honestly, I passed level I in December, but have just no motivation at all to study for Level II. The more I read about the CFA, the less worth I think it holds. Passing Level I hasn’t helped with my unemployment woes, and I’m guessing if I miracle pass Level II it’s not going to help either. So if the CFA doesn’t help get jobs, what’s the point? The only possible thing I can think is for PMs where it’s almost a requirement. Anybody else feel this way?

noone on the corner has swagger like you.

It may not help you at present, but few years down the road, I am sure you will be glad you have it. As against, if you forego it with this thinking as to ‘what is the point’, there will probably be more regrets couple of years down the line. So, common shake up, there is never any substitute for pure hard work. Put in 3 more months and you can have it. Good luck and happy reading!

best quote for all of us on AF that are having trouble motivating themselves: “The pain of discipline weighs ounces but, the pain of regret weighs tons” -Unknown Choose which pain you want. Personally I choose the pain of discipline.

If you don’t think the CFA exam is worth it, don’t take it. Common sense: this exam is only worthwhile for a small percentage of the population. That’s why only a few thousand people bother to take it, while millions of people go to college, get MBAs, etc. It’s not a negative thing if you are not in this small percentage of people. If my free time and ability to enjoy life were significantly impaired by this program, I would quit.

Call me crazy but I actually enjoy most of the material. Sure sometimes there are reading that are boring or dull, but for the most part it’s interesting. I’m also finding a lot of the material is directly applicable to my investments as well. More power to you if you already know this stuff well, if so I guess you can just skip the program.

Right now in this current job market: Experience>>>>>>>>>>…>Anything else (CFA&MBA, CFA, MBA, etc…)

I enjoy most of the readings as well. I decided to stay on because I simply don’t want to and probably can’t afford to take the time later on in my career. You just can’t tell a direct report with a problem “Sorry, I need to leave for CFA studying.”

What’s the point of passing level II? To get to level III :slight_smile:

Whether you have a CFA or not its hard for anyone to get a job. Its kinda like college, we went for 4 yrs, you didnt see the benefit until it came time to graduate and get a job. We know it holds value, it just needs other factors, like a decent job mkt, to get things going. Dont give up

Some of my Pm buddies told me that once you pass L2 you actually become marketable because you show determination and consistency above all others who drop at L1. And you are assumed to get L3 as L2 is the real weeder of the weak.

I’ve heard the same thing. L2 really separates the men from the boys and is regarded as such. No empirical or anecdotal evidence to back that up however.

s302632 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > best quote for all of us on AF that are having > trouble motivating themselves: > > “The pain of discipline weighs ounces but, the > pain of regret weighs tons” > -Unknown > > Choose which pain you want. Personally I choose > the pain of discipline. great quote

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Right now in this current job market: > > Experience>>>>>>>>>>… > …>Anything else (CFA&MBA, CFA, MBA, etc…) +1

go hard or go home ask Obama and dem. -Young Jeezy

jlive1975 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- >My own guide for passing L1: >http://www.scribd.com/doc/11575302/James-Morales-Secrets-to-L1-Success >Check out my blog >http://www.passanalystexams.com >Follow me on Twitter >http://twitter.com/CFAL2Candidate strategically placed ad ?

That’s just my normal signature.