what's the progress, mates?

done with ethics, equity and fsa. that is about 60 percent of material. bought to start kick it up a notch…waking up at 6am to get an extra hour doing CFA EOCs questions for ethics, equity and fsa. doing corp. finance, pm, dev, fi, alt. inv, quant, econ. by mid april. 6-7 weeks review and taking practice exams SHOULD be sufficeint to remember all those damn formulas. 108 more days of studying!!! I plan on rocking 3-4 hours M-F and 6-8 Sat-Sun till June 2nd. Junr 3rd will be a nice massage and haircut/beard shave day. DO OR DO NOT…there is no try!!!

As a retaker I’ve a bit more focus this year, and have decided to go through the topics in a customised order. I have CAIA 2 exams in 2 weeks so there has been a bit of overlap in the material fortunately. Last year I exclusively used the Schweser material which in addition to not nearly doing enough study was a massive mistake in my opinion. I just do the readings first without doing the problems at chapter end. Does anyone else do this? I’m planning for a study time of approximately 325-350 hours in total. So far I’ve covered Ethics; Quants & Econ; Alts & Fixed Income; Derivatives & Port Mgmt. In all that’s 44 readings of the 70. I’m hoping to have Corporate finance done by the end of the week at which point it’s a week off to concentrate on CAIA. The plan is to complete the review of the official cirriculum by the 26th of March I’ll then do a review of the Schweser material which won’t be in great detail, hopefully finishing that by the 15th of April. The remaining time will be spent completing end of chapter problems and mock exams plus revising the material on an ad hoc basis. Anyone got any thoughts of the effectiveness of this approach?