What's your average working hours?

Get in by 9:00 most days (well, probably closer 9:30). Leave by 5:00 most days (well, probably closer to 4:30). Lunch from 11:30 to 12:30 (well, probably closer to 1:00). No weekends. No busy season.

I am not a FRM holder yet (2 years of work ex pending).

Any ways thanks for all the motivations. smiley

I say rahul has already reached the stars :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

He is aiming for the outer boundaries of the universe!

On Friday morning you guys are talking about how many hours we work??

Where is Nana? I miss her threads

Take over your dad’s business. I’d rather do that than some random job.

Tj needs a BJ before he cracks another pj.

I’ll get my coat.

What would you like to talk about missy? Plans for this weekend? well most of us are hibernating in the books until June. March madness? Again, aint no body got time for dat. Who CVM is going to impale this weekend? that is appropriately disclosed in the career section.

Exactly where it should be!

Or may be what is the deal with Throwback Thursday? Everyone I know posted with #TBT yesterday.

I thought March Madness was last weekend. When is it over?

march maddness goes into april

^ Then why do we call it march madness?

because majorty of it takes place in march

What the fk is march madness?

80-92 hours a week

13 a day + weekends

git it how you live it fam

You’re stretching it. I wonder if I can use this excuse if I get caught too often surfing the web at work.

I’m 8:30 - 6:30 most days. During earnings season or when we’re building a conference presentation, it can get a bit longer. I rarely ever leave before 5, even if it’s dead, to keep up with my face time.

I agree numi and that’s why I said I respect those that put in the long hours in these roles. If you find your calling and you love it, then have at it. My calling is riding my bike, hiking, fishing, spending time with my kid and wife. That’s what I enjoy. I just work to make it happen. I like researching stocks too, but I’m not so motivated by it that I would sideline the rest of my life, which is what I’d have to do for less money (at least initially) in ER. Yeah, I might get into some buyside job that pays good after a few years, but I could also be a CFO making just as good coin in my current path right. The top folks always do good regardless of what industry they are in. I think the failure rate and personal cost is just much higher in finance. For every guy like you there are hundreds that busted 80 hours in their twenties, burnt out and now are working for peanuts in a variety of other jobs.

On the comp side, you know as well as I do that only 5%… maybe 10% at best… of people in finance pulling these huge hours ever end up making signficantly more than us in the corporate side. I work a solid 6 figure job with little overtime. The number of people in finance making $300k+ is an elite club and very few ever cut it. I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest maybe 1 or 2 of the folks here asking for advice to “break in” will ever hit that level. It’s a dream sold to wrongly motivated minds.

Most of the guys are trying to earn coin, not follow a passion like you did. If you want to earn more per hour, you’ve got a better shot in many other areas than finance. If you’ve got a great background and network, sure you can make it happen, but that’s not most people, especially not here.

Double double.

What if you were making close to 300k, but you ahd no upside. 300k would be a ceiling doesn’t matter how high you would go.

Would it change your mind on working long hours, taking more risk?