What's your personal investment strategy?

I’m 30. I want my cash to be stable and available because I’m planning on buying another property in 3-5 years. I also don’t want an unexpected market downturn to delay me, so if it’s held as “cash” I’ll be ok. The returns won’t be terrible if the interest rates keep going higher and I lock in a high rate.

#2xwokeisbetterthan1

https://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2014/12/26/how-to-save-like-the-rich-and-the-upper-middle-class-hint-its-not-with-your-house/

some interesting stats. i’ve seen some better ones than this. if u find plz post. thx

mooch of rich friends and relatives

Why are leveraged ETFs a bad thing?

^Because they can deviate from the index they are trying to track.

Because they aren’t a sure thing. And lawyers tell retail investors they aren’t good for long term holdings

They aren’t bad, just complicated. Most investors don’t understand the implicit costs associated with holding them. Specifically volatility drag but other things as well.

I am investing in mutual fund. Some of investment banks provides good finance facility like JM Finance.

lol its kind of funny that its become a popular investment vehicle during one of the longest bull runs near the market all time high.

Global macro, buy local mega-collapses (A-shares, crude, Brazil, whatever is too cheap).

At least once a year someone major gets hit, buy their shit.

I think that’s true with all the indexes. I think indexes are a very common form of performance chasing these days

Trash && Cash (Lol!)

100% agree. I hate debt for some reason, even mortgage debt. It must all be gone. Just an instinct thing.

Other than that, I just BTFD. All the time. Always be buying. BUY ALL THE THINGS!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

If you’re always buying all the things, you’ll sooner or later left with no cash. And I’ll be your only friend on bid once when you start selling all the things. :smiling_imp:

My personal investment strategy is to pay off debt and save a decent amount - at least $1000. From here on it’s simple to set up an automated schedule to invest in a Roth IRA (stocks, precious metals, and other alternative assets) or 401k (if you have an employer). I would then invest the rest of my money into more businesses, and the rest into real estate.

Yes. It was a joke.

I buy very few things, until volatility gets high and people are desperate to sell. That being said I have missed out on a lot of this 10 year bull market for sure.

FCOJ, just keep buying…

what do you mean to double-leverage? you’ve borrowed twice as much as the cost of the ETF? how do you insist on paying this back and how have you taken out a loan to finance this?

what do you mean to double-leverage? you’ve borrowed twice as much as the cost of the ETF? how do you insist on paying this back and how have you taken out a loan to finance this?