When did you begin Studying?

Greetings - I was wondering for those who have passed L3 - When did you begin studying? I am planning on taking MBA classes during the spring as well, and was wondering if you think focusing on L3 exclusively beginning in mid-March will be enough time to make it through the material and take practice tests. For those of you who have taken classes, L3, and worked full-time - How many credits did you take? Thanks!

October/November is a good time to start if you are working 60-70 hours a week

i started reading at the material in mid november, but did start to get really crazy with it until february.

I have already started reading material for June 2009 in spare time. Ideal is when commuting in tube or bus… its better than reading metro or London Lite. Regards,

i have started reading CFA text yesterday…i my first two cfa exams i always made the mistakeof starting too late ( feb/ march) …so this time keeping in view the difficultt level of exam i have started reading now. plus i am really intersted in learning GIPS , performance measurment and other behaviorial finance Study Seessions for their relavence at work…so far i think Level 3 texts are very interesting readings…

I was thinking of taking between 4-8 credits (mostly finance) next spring. Do you think this is unrealistically aggressive to take with L3?

I started in mid-march, read most study sessions in 2 weeks. Then I stopped studying. I started again in mid-may. Studied about 200+ hours last 3 weeks. worked for me. but I dont recommend.

I’m assuming you weren’t working during those 3 weeks?

turkish_dude Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I started in mid-march, read most study sessions > in 2 weeks. Then I stopped studying. I started > again in mid-may. Studied about 200+ hours last 3 > weeks. worked for me. but I dont recommend. I had a similar method – Started strong in Feb, lost interest in March, took April off completely for vacation and laziness, hit the books extremely hard in May, and had the first week of June off from work to study. I passed with a good margin, but it was uncomfortable. I would say start in Jan or Feb and plan to hit the books consistently until test day.

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m assuming you weren’t working during those 3 > weeks? No I wasnt

Studied a total of 250hrs. ~125 from January - April and 125 in May - June. I don’t recommend backloading it as much as I did, but I do think starting earlier than January is inefficient bc you will forget too much. I was off in May, that helped.

I will start within the next 3 weeks. I am finishing my MSA and will be in the library so I might as well start getting after it.

I started in September 07 and slowly at first and accelerated from March 08. The key is “Don’t Stop because you have to breath CFA from now”. Also I found listening to audio notes on my IPod on the train, in the car, very useful.

I started in May for all 3 tests.

Are you serious? Where you working at the time? What was your approach to learning the material? bluelily Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I started in May for all 3 tests.

Bluelily. You are definitely a better person than I am. That is in terms of exam preparation.

As with Level 2, I’ll start out easy in November then buckle down starting in February.

I am serious. I was a doctoral student at the time so I was working on my dissertation and teaching in a university. I just graduated. Approach…how do I put it without giving you the impression that I am trying to show off here…It was just a little different for me because I already knew the material pretty well and I taught some of the courses like corporate finance and financial statement analysis. I also took CPA before, which definitely helped with the accounting part. If I can’t pass it, I sure cannot help my students pass it. artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are you serious? Where you working at the time? > What was your approach to learning the material? > > > bluelily Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I started in May for all 3 tests.

Ahhh that makes sense - How long have you been teaching? It seems like teaching finance at a good b-school would be a pretty nice gig.

I have been teaching on and off for almost three years now. It is a pretty nice gig in terms of job security and flexible lifestyle but it is sure not easy to publish in top journals. And MBA students are always a tough crowd to please. Of course, life gets easier after tenure.