When is CFAI awarding us the Charter

What are the key benefit of being a regular member? Do we get routine newsletter from the institute or are there career benefits. New into this, struggling to see if there are obvious benefits. Anyone knows?

A regular member has all the benfits of the charterholder (minus the charter and voting privledges). This includes networking and jobline etc.

So will they award you the charter after CFAI approve your work experience or after your society approves you? This is more confusing than determining the minimum value on a bull call spread

What is bull call spread…sounds like latin …lol

After you become a Regular Member and pass Level III. Simple.

The confusing part is how to become a Regular Member without society approval. I’m not sure it’s possible, but some CFAI website sections make it seem like it may be possible. Don’t know. Until you pay the dues though, you’re not getting the Charter.

So I think de facto it requires society approval but I’m open to being proved wrong here.

You are correct. I just called CFAI and they indicated the only way you can pay your membership dues is once your local society approves your experience. So without the local society approval means no pmt of dues means no official right to use the designation.

Babs. I vaguely recalled some bull and bear put options. now that we passed u can call it bull crap for all i care. ok looks like another 30 days of waiting for me. Then another couple of months till i get the cert. Btw, read that the local society will do a ceremony and buffet. Do we have to pay for that? Oh and any reason why local society will reject if CFAI approves? They troll af for stupid posts like mine?

Babs. I vaguely recalled some bull and bear put options. now that we passed u can call it bull crap for all i care. ok looks like another 30 days of waiting for me. Then another couple of months till i get the cert. Btw, read that the local society will do a ceremony and buffet. Do we have to pay for that? Oh and any reason why local society will reject if CFAI approves? They troll af for stupid posts like mine?