When people ask "When do you find out?"

What are you telling them? I am not saying the 19th, I just say late August in case I want to be alone the night of the 19th…

That just adds way more stress. I wish people just forgot. Honestly, if I fail and have to re-write, there will be 2 choices here: 1) Tell Non-work people that i passed, then secretely study for next year without telling anyone. 2) admit to everyone that i failed, say that im taking a year off from studying, but then secretely study again without no one (work included) know that i’m writing

Its annoying If I passed I’d tell u If I fail, is that what u r hoping for?

No one has asked me for about two weeks now. Not even my wife. She doesn’t know that I know when the results will be out. It’s been nice to not get a constant reminder. When they were asking I was always saying late August. As for failing, I could give a flying $#%^ what other people think. No one around here has the CFA designation so they have no clue what goes into it. The only one who does have a clue is my boss because he knows a good number of people outside our organization who do have the designation so he somewhat knows what goes into it and has always been supportive, pass or fail. If I fail I know there will be some who will be genuinely disappointed for me and there will be others who will reap some kind of satisfaction out of it, but put on the fake front. That only inspires me more though. IMO, you should hold your head high and feel no shame if you fail this exam. No two ways about it, the exam is tough. Be proud of what you have accomplished to date, and if it takes another year, so be it. It’s not the end of the world. It would really suck to have to go through it again but there are far worse things that can happen.

It’s funny, I was on my friend’s @ss for L1, counting down the days every day for a month via text message until he got his results (he failed), but for L3, I’ve been invariably silent. Another friend’s mom asked me when results were coming out (he took L2 and she’s got a gun to his head to pass) and I said “some time in the fall.”

i ignore the requests and my friends etc. quickly get the hint that when i want them to know how things went, i will let them know. i sure as hell don’t want tuesday morning 9:05am phone calls if i failed. i do want jager and red bull though. heck, i’ll have that too if i pass.

If you change the title to ‘When people ask ‘Whan do you come out?’’, and read the responses, it still makes perfect sense.

LOL@FARLEY “some time in the fall”

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No one has asked me for about two weeks now. Not > even my wife. She doesn’t know that I know when > the results will be out. It’s been nice to not get > a constant reminder. When they were asking I was > always saying late August. > As for failing, I could give a flying $#%^ what > other people think. No one around here has the CFA > designation so they have no clue what goes into > it. The only one who does have a clue is my boss > because he knows a good number of people outside > our organization who do have the designation so he > somewhat knows what goes into it and has always > been supportive, pass or fail. If I fail I know > there will be some who will be genuinely > disappointed for me and there will be others who > will reap some kind of satisfaction out of it, but > put on the fake front. That only inspires me more > though. > IMO, you should hold your head high and feel no > shame if you fail this exam. No two ways about it, > the exam is tough. Be proud of what you have > accomplished to date, and if it takes another > year, so be it. It’s not the end of the world. It > would really suck to have to go through it again > but there are far worse things that can happen. I agree…there are my friends and family who are rooting for me and some co-workers that probably will get some self satisfaction in a fail. There are some jackasses out there that will always find it more entertaining to see someone fail a test, get divorced, get arrested, etc as opposed to being successful. Makes them feel better about their boring lives. It will suck to fail, but I couldn’t agree more with you…I am very proud of what I accomplished so far and if I have to re-take again, at least it’s Level 3, and not Level 1 (no offense intended to those taking Level 1 of course). Come on big curve!!!

Like most people, I lie and say that I don’t know–late August at the earliest. I haven’t even told my wife the exact day–better to bear the stress along. If I pass, I’d like to surprise my wife on my terms–and if I fail, to do the same. Despite all the generally-supportive interest many people have shown, the morning of the 19th of August, much like the exam itslef, is an intensely personal moment.

captaz - i am in the same boat as you. That’s exactly what I am doing.

I tell anyone who asks the date and time. Maybe I’ll regret it. Does not make much sense to me to hide the fact either way though.

Couldn’t agree more with Big Babbu, Lotus, & Captaz. Wife doesn’t know the date and it’s better that way. Work doesn’t even know I took it, which makes it a lot easier. Hopefully we’ll all be celebrating this time next week. Good luck.

pass, fail no one will really care at the end of next week

My CIO who is trying to build out his investment team will care, and so will I and so will the wife and even my four-year old. One outcome means no more studying, one means 200 plus more hours and another day of hell…I can’t focus on the long term with one week to go…can’t do it man!!!

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pass, fail no one will really care at the end of > next week Very well said…if we fail, we say a few four letter words and proceed to sign up again. Not the end of the world…

Everybody, including my boss, his boss, my wife, my collegues, my mom, my friends, knows that on August 19, 9AM, I will know if I passed or not. Maybe that was not smart from me…lollll Ponpon

virginia.hagan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > pass, fail no one will really care at the end > of > > next week > > > Very well said…if we fail, we say a few four > letter words and proceed to sign up again. Not > the end of the world… problem is it will be first test i studied for and failed. What a shocker. Kinda like Federer losing to Nadal in Wimbilldon and then dumping this season.

People around here are starting to sense that it is soon, so I just tell them it will be sometime in the next two weeks. One of my co-workers is a charterholder and I told him that the date/time has been announced, so if he really wants to know he can look it up, but he said he’d just wait for me to come to him.

I got lots of people asking me just after the exam, and I answered ‘Aug 19th’ because I reasoned it was so far away that no-one would remember. However, I was wrong. I had a couple of people say to me yesterday “only a week to go!” It is as if they actually put it in their diary. And, although I am reasonably confident (say, 85%), in a way, I think that that degree of confidence merely skews the outcomes from “really happy : really sad” to “relieve : arrrghhh!!”. All in all, my post-exam strategy was a shambles.