When the practice exams are all gone

I’m almost done with all my practice exams, have 1 remaining and up to this point I’ve done about 9. Just wondering what your guys plans are once they are all done. I plan on doing some of them again that I took about 3 weeks ago making sure I have retained information and then going through some of the harder problems I’ve come across, then I plan to write out key points and review. -What are other people’s methods once the practice exams are finished? I know this may sounds strange, but I am almost looking forward to June 5th. That light just keeps getting brighter and brighter.

Do EOC if you have not already

chill

Here is my plan for the last week: Today : finish reviewing 2010 sample and 2009 samples Friday: start last round of going over notes, focusing on small details Saturday- Monday: doing above, it takes 3-4 days. Tues: do the last saved test in book 6 Wed: review that; Thursday: go over some formulas, casually skim some thing Friday: buy food, pencils, watches, and most of all, sleep and relax

hazyskunk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m almost done with all my practice exams, have 1 > remaining and up to this point I’ve done about 9. > Just wondering what your guys plans are once they > are all done. > > I plan on doing some of them again that I took > about 3 weeks ago making sure I have retained > information and then going through some of the > harder problems I’ve come across, then I plan to > write out key points and review. > > -What are other people’s methods once the practice > exams are finished? > > I know this may sounds strange, but I am almost > looking forward to June 5th. That light just keeps > getting brighter and brighter. My study partner and I continually review exams. We’ve done ~8-10 and we go over at least one every day - we’ll have reviewed them all anywhere from 3-5 times by exam day. Also quiz each other for a half hour off of notecards, Schweser Quicksheet, opening up random books and constructing a question off the reading…just do random shit. Keep your mind sharp and work on whatever problem areas you might have…I’m gonna read Secret Sauce (starting today, should finish by EOD tomorrow) at least two times before the test.

I went through all the sample exams I took thus far and plan on redoing any multiple choice question I got wrong where I can (for instance, I cannot do these from the sample exams, as I don’t have the questions for them). I also am reprinting the essay questions I did poorly on, and am re-working them again as well. Redoing the EOC questions as someone said above, is a really good idea too, I did that last week. I have kept all my sample exams I have done, and plan on overviewing them mid next week as a final review.

i am in the same boat. done all the exams. i am re-doing some of the more important exams. I find that is pretty helpful and it will increase your confidence as well. I will review a few exams every day so I can review at least once every exam that I did. I think the EOC chapter questions are worthwhile as well at this point. even if you have already done it, just go back and hammer away at some areas which you feel you are weak on.

^ surprised to hear you have a study partner. Wouldn’t have thought that…

Don’t get into the trap of force feeding exam after exam down your throat through the very end - if you have taken (6) practive exams I dont know what more is accomplished by taking 7, 8, 9. Rather make sure you give some time to knowing your wrong answers cold and making sure you are up to speed with things you may have neglected or you feel less comfortable with - for example memorizing all that damn GIPS crap, asset manager crap and other soft nonsense that can break you heart on exam day. Especially I look at the “helpful” CFA mock exams as those topics that probably wont show up on the exam and so I can probably expect that one day they will use a mock exam question on the actual exam just to protect this revenue generating source. Remember knowing the material is more important than beating your brains out and leaving you fatigued on exam day

mp2438 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ surprised to hear you have a study partner. > Wouldn’t have thought that… We meet from 6:45am - 10:45am M-F for the last few weeks, and then I come home and do a few more hours each day. Next week he’s working half days, so it’ll be 6:45-9:30 and then 1:30-6:30 every day. Also meeting up Saturday, Sunday, and Memorial Day. Even though I just got a 90 something on the ridiculously easy 2010 mock, no sense in slacking off now…never gonna (knock on wood) have to do this again, so this test is getting everything I can throw at it for the next week and change.

completely agree.

good to hear everyone’s feedback, think I do a combination of all of the above. Go through tests I’ve already done mainly, and review notes. Good luck everyone 9 days, hoorah!

pray review old exams, do problems pray look at the “don’t miss this” stuff - commit to memory pray focus on my weak areas (fixed income for sure), review ethics and GIPS

very good point Johnmac. it would be helpful i think to just take a whole weekend off from exams, and just review the ones you did and focus on the problems that give you difficulties.

afjunkie_999 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > very good point Johnmac. it would be helpful i > think to just take a whole weekend off from exams, > and just review the ones you did and focus on the > problems that give you difficulties. I actually disagree with this - the incremental benefit to more exams is being exposed to more problems that you wouldn’t have seen. Even if you’re pretty good on a subject, the wording in the question can throw you off - I prefer to see every question I can; that way, no surprises. Plus, there’s some things that have only shown up on one exam so far (real estate comes to mind), and without doing that one exam, you’d almost entirely forget that real estate is even in the curriculum. Just my $.02.