when to buy GE stock?

So they priced the offering this morning at $22.25 and it’s trading at $22.12. Should I wait a few days to buy it or should I buy it now? Is $22.25 the “ceiling”? Anybody know the mechanics of how this works?

Uhh…when they sell NBC and when Immelt is fired.

Nah…they should keep NBC and dump all the silly paper trading financial businesses

not yet. GE people are calling me saying it isa cheap. sorry, mgmt lost credibility when they raised cap @ 10% - cmon, you raise when the wind blows off a shingle, not after the hurricane has landed and the damn pueblo is crushed. they were desperate

NBC is a wasting asset. Indeed, the stock will go nowhere with finance monkey on its back.

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > not yet. GE people are calling me saying it isa > cheap. sorry, mgmt lost credibility when they > raised cap @ 10% - cmon, you raise when the wind > blows off a shingle, not after the hurricane has > landed and the damn pueblo is crushed. they were > desperate TRUTH if you dont believe it, daj will have his GE people call you

keep it simple. i avoid buying stocks that are selling equity stakes at their decade lows. something smells.

That is a great point… common sense rules. Then again, the king of common sense just bought some. Maybe buying leaps would be similar to his investment.

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That is a great point… common sense rules. > > Then again, the king of common sense just bought > some. Maybe buying leaps would be similar to his > investment. if ge offered me that deal, i would jump at it. think about it. Berkshire got $3B of 10% preferreds, he doesn’t have to MTM, because he’s not going to sell those and no one else owns them, + he gets 3 year warrants @ 22.25 (probably dividend adjustable too that he may jsut put on the books at $0). GE is a good company that will survive this. I bought some at 29 and holding, collect my dividend, and WILL average down but not here, looking at 18 handle, investors may use GE common as a liquidity source. I bought on the Dow 777 drop, and will wait till S&P to hit 900 handle before I put more money into stocks. Right now just hanging on, don’t need to be fully invested here.

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So they priced the offering this morning at $22.25 > and it’s trading at $22.12. Should I wait a few > days to buy it or should I buy it now? Is $22.25 > the “ceiling”? Anybody know the mechanics of how > this works? as far as technicals go with the pricing in the shares, often the lead managers would provide support at 22.25 b/c their clients get pissed off if they fall below that, however in today’s market, there is no support.

im in in size @ 31, so that explains my bitterness today.

I have been looking at it since it was in the $30s and I know many smart people who bought in the 30s.

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have been looking at it since it was in the $30s > and I know many smart people who bought in the > 30s. i’ve been looking at TWX for long time, don’t own any yet, thank goodness, but will start a position soon. You have to buy stocks when the biz model looks the worst and recognize it’s just a cycle. TWX biz, although not a fan of management, generate a lot cash, and while I expect this to decline, it will rise again. Thinking 10 handle is great price in given market, if I miss it, no tears no worries

yeah, tony @ sanford is pumping TWX and CMCSA- looking @ both.

hey daj, Could you email me their write-ups? I’m just a schmoe private investor. I won’t spread them. musicslut@yahoo.com Thanks!

i was thinking about GE a couple weeks ago, but if there are this many people thinking the same thing - no thanks.

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hey daj, > > Could you email me their write-ups? I’m just a > schmoe private investor. I won’t spread them. > musicslut@yahoo.com > > Thanks! I’ll send some sell side notes, I rarely get SB stuff, i get mostly large bulge bracket and some boutiques.

when it hits single digits

Q-o-Q their Current Assets are declining and their Long Term Investments are increasing I dunno if they are averaging down on their bad bets just to sink even lower or make some smart investments. Whatever it is, I am staying away. Need to see results of Q1 in 2009 before I make any move.