When to find full references for materials cited in text?

Hi, Does anyone know where to find the full references for the materials cited in the text books? The inline cites are in abbreviated form (e.g. “Smith [2003]”) which isn’t very useful if you actually have to find the papers. I looked around on the CFA website but couldn’t find anything (which isn’t to say it’s not there). Thanks.

photoguy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi, > > Does anyone know where to find the full references > for the materials cited in the text books? The > inline cites are in abbreviated form (e.g. “Smith > [2003]”) which isn’t very useful if you actually > have to find the papers. I looked around on the > CFA website but couldn’t find anything (which > isn’t to say it’s not there). > Its in the appendix titled “Crap for Massochists, Stuff that isn’t necessary to read for the exam”

I need a few of the papers for work-related reasons.

At the end of many of the readings (but not all) in the CFAI books you will find a section titled “References” where the full author name(s) and title are referenced. Also, I have googled on some of the abbreviated references (as you mentioned, for work and not because I am a masochist) and found the material.