When to start studying

Hello Everyone, Congratulations on passing Level II !! I just passed Level I and from the Level II forum I gathered that Level II is a pretty big leap in terms of material - can you guys tell me when is the best time to start studying ? I’m totally exhausted from the Level I effort and hope the majority of you don’t say August !! Thanks !!!

L1 is honeymoon. L2 is hell on earth. Ensure your insurance pays on mental incapacity.

So I’ve heard :slight_smile:

I always liked starting in Sept slowly for both Level 1 & Level 2 (passed both in first attempts). People say you get burned out in April-May if you start early but with early start I did not feel that much pressure and panic of completing the curriculum on time. I was able to spend ample time in April-May working on my weak areas and practice exams. For 2011 Level 3, I am not taking any chances either. I will start reading with CFAI texts I just received this week. Early start gave me confidence & headroom in L1 and L2 preparation and I would like to do the same for Level 3 this year.

jrozario Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > People say you get burned out in April-May if you > start early but with early start I did not feel > that much pressure and panic of completing the > curriculum on time. I was able to spend ample > time in April-May working on my weak areas and > practice exams. > > For 2011 Level 3, I am not taking any chances > either. I will start reading with CFAI texts I > just received this week. > > Early start gave me confidence & headroom in L1 > and L2 preparation and I would like to do the same > for Level 3 this year. ^ X 2 I plan to get an early start myself. I need to front load as much as possible so I can spend allot of time on reviewing the material and sharpen all of my skills.

If you got time, start reading the books asap and take down some notes for second run reviewing. For those who think L2 is hard one, prepare for the hell of ass. L3 is harder and not easy to handle as the L2.

L1 didn’t feel like honeymoon until taking L2

I wonder if L3 is really that much harder. Or is the same thing as level 2 just new material and saying it’s harder is just the thing to say because that’s the most recent exam that you’ve studied for. I bet if the level 3 exam was the level 2 exam and vice verse, people would be saying the same thing about the level of difficulty. Well either way I’ll find out soon enough cause I just became a lvl 3 candidate.