When will the American Empire fall?

“I don’t know about that. German cars are more expensive than American cars. Dollar for dollar a Vette can kick any German car’s butt.” …until you start the key. JDV its still GM crap. Willy

My brother the Porsche dealer agrees with that, but he’s my younger brother and thus his opinion isn’t worth s&^t.

JDV has seen it all brah

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t know about that. German cars are more > expensive than American cars. Dollar for dollar a > Vette can kick any German car’s butt. This post is a little confusing is it a) saying how great the US car industry is at producing value for the dollar, or b) saying that because the US dollar is taking on the value proposition of a more Northern American Peso the car is still Sh^t but is is cheap Sh^t.

taz722 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So much for the de-coupling theory. Look at where > the Asian markets are in the wake of the US credit > crisis. IT companies in India have been laying off > and that is bound to trickle to other sectors as > well. I would say Asia is still a few decades away > from being the economic engine of the world. Well, imo, that’s not completely true. IT is no more the center of Indian economy. De-coupling is somewhat true in case of india because most of India’s growth in past 5-6 years is due to increase in domestic economic activity and rise in domestic consumption. India is dependent on foreign capital investments, but not so dependent on foreign markets like China and Japan. Stocks in India are around 30% down from their peak … in China it’s almost 60%. Out of BRIC nations, I see Brazil and India a lot more insulated from US turbulence. Coming to the main question of this thread, using today’s jargon, American economy is simply too big to fail from world point of view. World depends on US capital, US consumption, world is heavily invested in US dollar. But weakening US economy is making ppl nervous. If this economy is to contract, it will start with severe across the board weakening of dollar, reducing purchasing power, acute inflation and significant capital outflow from US to other economies. If that happens today, some economies in the world will feel more heat than the others - but more or less everybody will suffer. This is precisely why it may not happen at this moment. It may happen sometime in the future when world has achieved a greater degree of decoupling, but not now. My 0.02...(let me use all my cents till is still left with some purchasing power :wink: )

In other words, J-Lo is immortal my friends.

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When J-Lo dies. When J-Lo’s ass somehow goes away (death is the upper bound on this time).

J-Lo’s ass is like the ass of Venus de Milos buddy

this is the beginning of the end…but it’l be more like the british empire US is microsoft but with a lot of debt, just like the business cycle the empires have cycles albeit longer ones…remember guys a lot of world is simply explained by the bell curve…

The American empire has already fallen. It’ll be a third world country in 5-10 years.

BULLISH ON CANADIAN OIL SANDS! :wink:

and Canada in general

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Because the Japanese, Chinese, and ALL asians look > the same, lol. That could be said for all races though… Could you tell the difference between someone from Ecuador and Mexico? Niger and Zimbabwe? India and Pakistan? (not Asian in the traditional sense) Sweden and Poland? Think about it… The only reason that Asians are used in the “all of them look alike” category is because they are the only minorities that have economical influence in this world!