When will the American Empire fall?

I wonder

When J-Lo dies.

+1 cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When J-Lo dies.

Here is a very interesting article: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1d6a4f3a-8aee-11dd-b634-0000779fd18c.html “The US will lose its role as a global financial “superpower” in the wake of the financial crisis, Peer Steinbrück, the German finance minister, said on Thursday, blaming Washington for failing to take the regulatory steps that might have averted the crisis. “The US will lose its status as the superpower of the world financial system. This world will become multi­polar” with the emergence of stronger, better capitalised centres in Asia and Europe, Mr Steinbrück told the German parliament. “The world will never be the same again.””

Germans always spout crap like that. Then we smash them in a war and the shut up for a few more decades.

With their 15 hour work week they have lot’s of free time to come up with that BS.

AGreed but its true that US economy can no longer be the super-economy it never was. Its always been a bubble. based on tobacco, guns, tech, housing, commodities, and now nothing.

We will never fall. If we do, were taking the world with us…

lol, you bet

This century. The knowledge century - -

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Germans always spout crap like that. Then we > smash them in a war and the shut up for a few more > decades. Then maybe the Vietnamese stock market will be the next financial super power. Last time I looked at the scoreboard it was US … …Vietnam 0 … … …1 Just kidding (mostly)

When the Chinese quit financing our idiotic spending habits. Every empire in the history of the world has fallen, and we are no exception. If we’re lucky it will be relatively painless, like the fading of the british empire. If we’re unlucky, barbarian hordes will sack DC (or maybe that would be a good thing…) There’s no way around it, the balance of power has shifted to Asia/the east. I’ve posted it before and I’ll post it again: “If you were smart in 1807 you moved to London, if you were smart in 1907 you moved to New York, and if you’re smart in 2007 you move to Asia.” - Jim Rogers

So much for the de-coupling theory. Look at where the Asian markets are in the wake of the US credit crisis. IT companies in India have been laying off and that is bound to trickle to other sectors as well. I would say Asia is still a few decades away from being the economic engine of the world.

China and Japan are next super powers - when exactly? not too close not too far

sumz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > China and Japan are next super powers - when > exactly? not too close not too far Japan?!? Why? Please explain… I don’t know much but demographically they are not poised for a boom of growth.

Because the Japanese, Chinese, and ALL asians look the same, lol.

By East, I meant Russia, India and many others…

German cars are superior to American cars tho.

ancientmtk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > German cars are superior to American cars tho. So as soon as Berlin paves the Atlantic, the U.S. is doomed as it becomes a clash of Muscle Cars vs. Wagens…per Transformers.

ancientmtk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > German cars are superior to American cars tho. I don’t know about that. German cars are more expensive than American cars. Dollar for dollar a Vette can kick any German car’s butt.