When will the CFAI send out the 2011 material?

I would like to get started studying soon since L2 is definitely much more difficult than L1. Any advice? Thanks. m

I registered for L2 this morning, paid my money and picked the eBook option. Already had a flick through some of the material on the Vital Source website but I’m not starting my studying until November.

I opted for the print version when I signed up this afternoon. I will be staring at computer monitors all work day and don’t want to do that when studying as well. I plan on starting my studying in a few weeks. I figure even 10 hours a week till Nov/Dec should give me a good head start. Ideally I can read through a few CFAI books before Q-bank is released. Not sure when that will be for L2 but it came out late for L2 (think Dec). m

what is this vital source website?

They host the ebook. You open and read your ebook (if chosen) from that website.

for those of you who registered, do you get an option to get both ebook and hard copy or an either or situation?

Yes, if you follow through the enrollment link on CFA site far enough, after you choose you exam location, you have 3 choices of : * ebook only ($590 total before tax) * printed books only ($650 total shipped, but before tax) * ebook + printed books combo ($680 total shipped, but before tax) You can upgrade to add the other format later by paying the price difference + shipping + tax.

Sorry i have a very dumb question. Just want to make sure, are we allowed to print the ebook? Or can we only read on the vital source website? Thanks.

Up to 150 pages each time you hit the print button, with unlimited time you can hit the print button.

I called the CFA Institute yesterday to find out when they would mail the books and they told me they would be mailed out in 6-10 business days. On the other hand, I also called Stalla and they told me their info wouldn’t be available until November. I hope that is incorrect. I’m going to call again and see if I can get the same answer twice. I don’t have much faith in the people that answer the phones at Stalla.

and 150 appears to be the longest LOS reading so shouldn’t be that much a problem IMO.

I received my shipment confirmation yesterday. L2 books are scheduled to arrive tomorrow which is pretty fast delivery. I am in Chicago. m

diceinhand: You seem to be the very few having faith on Stalla materials (but not on the client service), everyone I talked to or even on this forum, people go with Schweser for level 2 … Is there a reason you can share with us which makes you like Stalla for level 2? Every bit of Info regarding selection of a study strategy is crucial at this point, so I would appreciate your comments. Cheers

Ordered my level 3 material on the 27th, got the shipping confirmation today. Should be here next week

I ordered and used schweser in 2009, and had stalla for 2010. differences: schweser cuts too many corners. they cover portions they think are most likely - and if you are lucky - have captured that information in schweser to its entirety and questions get asked on those same sections - you will more likely than not - pass. stalla - however gives a more unprejudiced view of the material. (including in 2010 - some of the FRA related material had detailed commentary on calculations to help understand the material and stalla material from 2009 to 2010 had significant improvements. I used probably 20% stalla, 80% CFA material. so I am not a very good sample to vouch for Stalla. in addition to differences in the material (study guides) - peter olinto and david hetherington on the videos beat the pants of anybody that schweser can provide. my 2c…

Got my L2 books today, ordered Sunday night.

CPPPP!!! Been about a year man! hope things are going well…remember the “Lunch Crunches!!!” lol…those didnt work out too well for us first time around L2

SkipE Things are fine… They did not work last time round. This time, with a little more work and some luck… am in LIII now… How was the 2nd time round for you? Are you planning on LIII in 2011? Hope to get this over with in the next year.

Register Today !

cpk123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SkipE > > Things are fine… They did not work last time > round. This time, with a little more work and some > luck… am in LIII now… > > How was the 2nd time round for you? Are you > planning on LIII in 2011? > > Hope to get this over with in the next year. Nice! I am glad to hear you passed. You helped a lot of us out. YES!! I managed a pass this go around so I will see you on L3. Going to bust my ace to try and get 3 over with!