Where are you in your studies?

I’m only on reading 38. I’m starting to feel the axe hanging over my head.

i’ on reading 31 book3 cfa and im feeling i’m on schedule

Starting SS12 t’row… so far I have jus done only the Schweser notes and problems… I really need to spend time on CFA text problems, practice tests and qbanks… donno how…

so far ive done Study Session 2 , 7. started reading SS 1 and half way through SS8 So you think i am lagging behind??? :S

SS3 in my case, but everything goes as planned. No worries!

finfan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Starting SS12 t’row… so far I have jus done only > the Schweser notes and problems… > > I really need to spend time on CFA text problems, > practice tests and qbanks… donno how… I am exactly where you are; just about to start # 12 and I’ve only been using the Schweser. Working and studying is a killer.

Starting Econ today.

FInished CFAI book 2 (econ) last night. Gaah, I think If i had to read about one more curve shift i was going to end my life (prolly doesnt help that I think I am coming down with the flu). Plan to start reading FSA when i get home tonight… sounds like fuuuuun. I am starting to think about when to get Schweser. I really want the SS and the sample exams… any advice? Which package should i get? GenY

If you want both the condensed books and sample exams, I suggest the Essential package. It’s a bit pricey, but you get all books and qbank. If you think you can do without qbank, just get the books.

FIAnalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am exactly where you are; just about to start # > 12 and I’ve only been using the Schweser. Working > and studying is a killer. I am working and studying tooo… very stressful… I’ve skipped SS3 and have to come back to it later… howz SS3?

Nice and spicy, short and most of all logic:)

Finishing studysession 8 tonight. I think I am on plan… I am doing schweser QBank after every reading.

Ive got FSA left which Ive started this past weekend. Then its purely Qbank and exams till June…

I’m still in Book 1 (Schweser). Am I too far behind? I don’t know why but i take about 2-3 hours to finish 1 chapter. Is it normal?

ac246 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m still in Book 1 (Schweser). Am I too far > behind? I don’t know why but i take about 2-3 > hours to finish 1 chapter. Is it normal? 2-3 hours per reading is absolutely normal… I sometimes take more than that…

We all have 18 weeks in front of us and 18 study sessions to master …

On my second round of reading the CFAi texts, currently reading volume 4.

I have read the Schweser notes through financial statement analysis, and am now working on reading the textbooks and am through ethics.

i make flashcards as i go through the chapters…is it worth it to do this or should i focus on the schweser notes instead?

clafleur Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i make flashcards as i go through the > chapters…is it worth it to do this or should i > focus on the schweser notes instead? be carefull to maximise the utility of your time, flashcards don’t add value they are just learning help. I tell u that cause I got nice home made flashcards and still failled in december … :frowning: questions add value to your learning time