Where are you with your studies!!!!

I’m only about 30% done just for the first read :frowning:

Here we go again!! Just back from 1 month of holidays (Australia rulezz :p) after having seen everything once…time for serious work now! Objective is to do at least one reading a day + exercises when EOC exists. Hope won’t fail this time… Paul

cpham Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If there is a higher being, he probably does not > want me to finish the Level 2. Whenever I get > down to it… I get a string of interviews only to > end up with nothing. So in the past 2-3 weeks > I’ve only been prepping for interviews. Now, I > feel like I haven’t even started, or done anything > of value. FML I know how you feel man. That was exactly me last year. If push comes to shove, I had to choose interview prep in the hopes I would get a job… Some people say I had it easy and plenty of time to study for Lvl 2, but doing interviews and studying level 2 is tough because of the extra stress of job searching. good luck to you

Reading how several of you are completely finished with the CFAI gives me that needling feeling. Oh well, I’ll have to live with the needling feeling. My study plan puts me at finishing the non-Ethics CFAI in 25 days, with break days salted in there. I’ve left myself about 1/3 of the EOC problems for the days following so that I can refresh readings that since have become foggy in my memory. After that, so about 32 days out, I’ll tackle the 8 Ethics readings that aren’t from Lvl 1. I’m pretty pleased about my progress because I didn’t want to read Ethics earlier than 1.5 months before the exam. Does anyone else find that the 90-page readings wear you down more, because you’re sick of the topic days before you hit the end of it? My optimism is high; although I need to frequently work my neck and shoulder muscles with a massage device because of studying. It is also taking a toll on my eyes, as it did during Lvl 1. I just ordered contact lenses with a higher astigmatism correction. I can’t wait for them to come in, to see if they make me less fatigued at the end of the long days than what I’m wearing now.

Finished EOC q 30% of qbank Finished Schweser book 6 soon: Schwesser book 7 online sample/mocks

Just finishing Fixed income from Schweser. Derivatives, PM and Ethics and looots of EOQ review and Q bank to come.

…completed the curriculum and most of the EOC questions this week. Now plan to bunker down and review, review, and review some more. Before you start hating on me, this is my second attempt at L2 and I hit the books back in October. Best advice for all first timers is to retire the qbank and hit the EOC questions frequently and often. I am scratching my head why anyone would pass on the EOC or put off until later in their studies. I would not go on to the next chapter without doing these questions. All those who are just cracking the books now… I just want to thank you now. Your valiant efforts has given me hope.

I’m feeling more confident now that I have the sauce in my hands.

Well I think I should comment on where I am so far. Right now I’ve done everything except Corp Finance (will be done by Sunday), FSA and Ethics. So far I’m doing the main reading from Schweser and then I review the CFA text to see if there are any discrepancies (usually there are none and the level of convergence among the 2 texts is quite high). So my overall pace is quite fast but I think this has come at the expense of not taking many notes or doing many EOC questions. I think that the next push I need to make is more EOC questions and pay more attention to the CFA texts. Before I started my entire schedule I purposely built in a lot of slack into my schedule in case of delays or problems. I also built in ‘check-point weekends’ where I wouldn’t learn anything new and I’d just sit and review everything that I’d done so far. I’ve taken this one step further: Now on the way to work on the bus I sit and for an hour and just read the previous concepts from previous readings (and I do the same at work too). I only learn new things when I get home. I guess this is just my way of not letting things fall by the way side and of keeping a balance. I just need to focus more on EOC questions, gahhh.

good idea on the learning new stuff at home - i tried to do SS 11 at work/commuting, and it just doesnt work. Have been under 70% on that SS on the qbank questions, just not good enough. Thats why now at work, i only use Qbank to review stuff i’ve already done, no new material, save that for nights/weekends…

Thanks iteracom, Good to hear encouraging advice once in a while to keep motivated. I think I’m going to go balls to the walls with the L2 from now on and forget jobs. Good luck everyone.

On SS13 following the Stalla schedule.

i’m now through all the (for me) painful stuff: FSA, Copr.Fin, Equity, Alt. Inv. reading + Schweser & CFAI EOC. now only Fixed Income, Derivatives, and PM is left, which should be quite easy - hope i’ll finish that by 2-3 weeks time. than review, schweser exams & mock. hope i’m not to late in schedule… much respect for those already in reviewing mode!

I just started 40 pages deep into Schweser. Hope to finish reading in 5 weeks and work through the questions and practice exams, then review. I don’t see how it is possible to fail if you have been through the material once already at this stage of the game.

cpham Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks iteracom, > > Good to hear encouraging advice once in a while to > keep motivated. I think I’m going to go balls to > the walls with the L2 from now on and forget jobs. > Good luck everyone. I didn’t pass L2 last year due to the job search and studying. But I have to say I did find a good job in asset management… If I can go back and choose between the 2, honestly, I’d choose the job and to repeat L2 again…

just starting with Equity

FI, Derivatives and PM! Taking tonight off to relax then hit the books hard for the next few weeks.

I am about 80% done with my first reading of the Schweser notes and over 800 questions through the QBank. Will be done with the material in mid-April and will focus solely on QBank, EOC questions, and 5 full-length practice exams. I am also doing one of the Schweser 3-Day weekend seminars.

I have Alt Investments, FI, Derivatives (yuk!) and PM left. (I’ll be starting Alt Investments today.) I’ve been using Schweser and doing CFAI EOC + reviewing CFAI material for the EOC questions that I miss and/or topics that are unclear. I’m hoping to finish by April 16; however, I’m not sure it’ll be possible.

When you guys say you’re “done” with a chapter, does that mean reading and doing all the EOC’s or just reading.