Where did you take the exam?

RadBikerSouthCO Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > NJ - Meadowlands. Perhaps 1200 to 1500 in the > room. No interesting stories. Some cute proctors > though. Our proctors in CHI consisted of some sort of Quakers/Latter Day Saints/Mormons/Shakers/etc. Basically girls dressed in period wear from 1830’s Nebraska + some sort of white bonnet to promote humility and sexual modesty no doubt.

LA as well… food was better than last year (i got a burger this time); avoid the extra-salty hot dogs at all cost – gave me a tummy ache last year.

1300 in PHL.

Bucharest Romania

In a small town in Europe… It was not entirely eventless. There was some commotion among the proctors when someone ripped his answer sheet during the ripping-out part. And someone had forgotten a pencil (I gave away one of mine, I had prepared with six sharpened #2 sharpened pencils and two calculators - I noted I was not the only one carrying around two calculators…)

CoxCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > London - about 8000 I think (see my other post). … > Did anyone see the guy roll under the door in > London and then get rejected because he was > late!!! That was hilarious. The shutters were > coming down on the door and tried to scramble > under the door (like Indiana Jones) but was turned > away. Ouch. No but there was a latecomer at my site too. An indian-looking guy yanked the door open seconds after it had been shut but technically he was still in time to be allowed to get inside so there was no big deal.

Mumbai, India. The proctors were TOO strict with taking stuff inside… even eraser wrappers and the pouch for the calculator ? Come on now !

Darius-I Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mumbai, India. The proctors were TOO strict with > taking stuff inside… even eraser wrappers and > the pouch for the calculator ? Come on now ! I’m also wrote Mumbai India. That act was pretty lame, to say the least… But was a good show by CFAI compared to the disaster called the “CFA exams” last year.

Maybe 1100 people, all three levels.

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco. The smell of an old concert hall, ahh…

Boston, bout 2800 … and I had two hot proctors! It was very distracting yet comforting at the same time!

DAL , TX mkt hall with all sheeples in one room @ 300-400

I was in the cavernous Excel centre in London. That evening I was spaced out in front of the TV wondering where the last 5 months of my life went, then something caught my eye. Batman Begins was on the TV, and they were driving the Batmobile around in a massive white Excel shaped hall. Spooky.

Carroll College Helena Montana. One level III, Nine level II, and maybe fifteen level I.

I took it in Omaha. The proctor read at about a 3rd grade level, stumbling over about every third word of the directions. Another proctor went to write the time remaining on the board and spelled it “remaing”. I don’t know where they find these people.

windbag Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Carroll College Helena Montana. > One level III, > Nine level II, > and maybe fifteen level I. “In 1888, Helena (the current state capital) had more millionaires per capita than any other city in the world.” Good place to be a Charterholder, I would say.

RahulMulchandani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m also wrote Mumbai India. That act was pretty > lame, to say the least… But was a good show by > CFAI compared to the disaster called the “CFA > exams” last year. Damn if this was good I wouldn’t have wanted to be there last year… I gave my L1 in 2008 so I wouldn’t know but this exam was far from ‘professional’ , was more like giving an exam in an East German prison cell with the STASI looking up your butt-hole for paper rolls.

Rivercenter Saint Paul, MN. Overall facility was good. Got into an argument with my table at lunch and had to leave. They were discussing a test question and everyone had read the question incorrectly.

Darius, so true. In SF, there were proctors constantly going into the men’s room. I think some guy was repeatedly pretending to go to the bathroom just so he could see whether anyone was trying to take crib notes from their drawers. It gave me a bit of stage fright. They probably also mentally timed how long people were in there. Anyone with constipation would probably have been written up on suspicion of cheating.

Toronto. Again, Toronto FC soccer game and loud music in the background in the PM session!!