Where do you stand for Sept exam?

holiday Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi bigML > > Where can I find the webex? Is it on the CAIA > website? > Cheers They sent an email and had two orientation webex’s this week. Not sure if they are archived, but check caia.org.

Just getting my tail handed to me by section 7.1, Structured Products. Probably the toughest questions I have seen. The essays are a b!tch.

Great thank you- just received the email today so will watch it later

holiday Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Great thank you- just received the email today so > will watch it later I wish they had announced earlier that they were taping it. Figured they would, but listened in live anyway. On a separate note, I read some old posts about the difficulty of the Level II exam and actually ordered the Advanced Core Topics, which I wasn’t planning on.

big ML Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > holiday Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Great thank you- just received the email today > so > > will watch it later > > > I wish they had announced earlier that they were > taping it. Figured they would, but listened in > live anyway. > > On a separate note, I read some old posts about > the difficulty of the Level II exam and actually > ordered the Advanced Core Topics, which I wasn’t > planning on. I have the Uppermark material but ordered the Advanced core topics too which is quite a bit more detailed on some topics

Yeah, I’ve been rolling with Kaplan/Schweser, but to be honest, a lot of the multiple choice questions do not seem that difficult. In my head, I am prepared for them to ask tougher questions than what I’ve been seeing on Kaplan, so I thought it wise to check the source material. I don’t want to be surprised by my results like I was on the CFA. Once bitten…

OK, just wrapped up my quiz on SS 11, which completes my first pass at the materials. I have about 500 questions left in the Qbank. Going to spend the next 4 weeks tightening up my scores and really hammering the essays as I have gone light on them to this point in time. I printed out every question that gave me trouble on the Qbank and that will serve as part of my review as well. As best I can gather I am not too far behind in my studies judging by the class schedule. Taking the test 9/21. How’s everyone else doing?

Taking the test 9/21 as well. Got a new job starting 8/29, moving for Sept 1st so my week has been a minor disaster. Plan to finish research issues & current topics (topic 11) this weekend, I think I am behind quite a bit. Made up random exams on schweser’s qbank one on private equity and one on real estate, 76 and 84 respectively. I honestly think the questions in the schweser books are worded to easy but the questions on the exam will look more like the practice questions in the current & integrated topics book. I have written out every question and answer from the CAIA online outline so this has helped.

I’m taking the test on 9/23 and have done all of the multiple choice qs in the upper mark test bank and 1 practice exam. Finding it pretty tough to remember all of the formulae and get my head around answering the essay qs! Going to spend at least 2 hours per day in the week and try for 5 at weekends until the exam. Honestly, none of the material is that difficult but I just need to really practice!! Next thing is the upper mark final review course- hoping that will bring it all together! Btw just to check- for l1 CAIAI gave us a set of sample questions separately from the study guide, for L2 do the just give us the qs in the study guide or has anyone found any others?

Confidence level is just going down…