Where do you study?

Where did you park when you studied at Georgia Tech?

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFA_Halifax Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > JoeyDVivre Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Hotel rooms - I did most of my studying by > > > checking into hotel rooms. Call ahead and > have > > > them set up a conference table with lamp in > the > > > room which is the center of your studying. > > Then > > > roam around the room with Schweser on the > sofa > > and > > > CFAI on the bed. Change study modes and > topics > > > frequently and you can get in lots of study > > time > > > this way with no distractions and you can get > > room > > > service. Works much better than staying at > > home > > > and telling your wife “Honey stay quiet and > out > > of > > > this room unless and until I ask you to bring > > me > > > some food or drink item that I specify” > > > > Joey, I must say, many wives wouldn’t like the > > idea of their hubbys going off to “study” in a > > hotel room every weekend! > > > Yeah, she left me in the middle of studying for > LIII. I passed 3/3 and didn’t like her much > anyway. Gotta make choices in life. that reminds me of another post from awhile back …where this guy’s girlfriend left him because he didnt give her "enough time "

If you’re going after hours, the lots are free on certain parking zones. Or else you can just pay the meter at $1 per hour, no biggie.

No more fun places? ;(

Conference room at work for me…even though i get tease everyday for bein the only analyst with a CFA

yeah the one at 81st/2nd is great… IF you can find a spot

At work. It’s always cold in my office so it keeps me alert.

I typically study at the vancouver public library, as they are open till 11pm every weekday except for friday. I have to tell you though, by the time the exam came up those acne scared language students were looking pretty good.

Hey guys, I thought I was weird for studying Level 1 in a Starbucks near my house, but apparently i’m not the only one. I did probably 70% of my Level 1 studying in starbucks. I had an easier time focusing there then at home, and if your sitting there refills on coffee is less than a dollar a pop. I will do the same for a lot of my level 2 studying.

I study at my work during lunch, in my bedroom, and at the university library.

I study in my room where I feel comfortable. I don’t consider it studying per se but just a big part of my life and professional interest. the only time I had to study outside of my comfort zone (library, coffee shops etc.) was when I didn’t want to study.

I have tried a few starbux on the UWS, but they are usually packed. The B&N on 66/bway looks like grand central…any of you have any rec’s for the UWS (going to the UES can be a big of a pain)

AbbeFaria Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are the NYU libraries open to the public or is it > just past/present students? not even past students, really. i’m not an alum, but i am now a “friend” of the library. for a fee. i actually think it’s pretty worth it. to get away and be able to study. about studying at various starbucks locations in UES. it’s really funny how many ppl you see with stalla, schweser, or cfai books sitting at neighboring tables. and then you just smile, knowing you’re not alone. : )

^I feel the same way. It’s sometimes awkward because we’ll both pretend as if we didn’t notice…