Where I have gone wrong..Please Interpret my Score

dear friends, I am feeling much bad…I gave my life and gave my everything for this exam… I dont feel like doing anything…from morning my efficiency in work has got affected… Feeling much down… Please let me know where I went wrong…Please Please Please Please Please July 2009 2229902 Ashish Ajit Golechha Level 1: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Multiple Choice Q#TopicMax Pts<=50%51%-70%>70% -Alternative Investments8* - - -Corporate Finance20- - * -Derivatives12* - - -Economics24- * - -Equity Investments24- - * -Ethical & Professional Standards36- * - -Financial Reporting & Analysis48- - * -Fixed Income Investments28- * - -Portfolio Management12- - * -Quantitative Methods28- * - We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

Put it in perspective. You can take it again in 6 months. You probably missed it by 2-3 questions. If you push Ethics and Derivatives to > 70 you will not only pass, but you will be better positioned for L2. You would have to wait til June 2009 to take L2 anyway. So you haven’t really lost as much ground as you think. Give it a week and you will be back.

You failed a few things and didn’t ace ethics to compensate. Simple as that.

You should edit your name out of that post

First of all, you did very well in FRA that tends to be toughest for most of the folks. bos_IT_guy has it right. You need to do better in Derivatives. You really need the basic understanding of options to really go anywhere on L2. Also, Economics is critical to master as you need that for all the levels. Ethics is easiest to improve if you go through the material. I think you really have a good shot at it in six-months. Looking at it positively, you will be better prepared for LII if you go through the LI material once again.

whats your social security #?

I think ethics took you down, but dont worry you have another chance in December. It will cost you more money and time but m sure you can get >70% on all sections in December. Cheer up, you can surely kill it!!

When you prepare for the next time around buy qbank and do at least 2000 questions, if you do at least 120 questions a day for the last month and a half you wont fail

Jscott24 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > whats your social security #? 867 53 0900

nickcee Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You failed a few things and didn’t ace ethics to > compensate. Simple as that. I agree with this statement.

Jscott24 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > whats your social security #? And the combination to your luggage.

i failed the first time i took L1 - much like the scores you have. my strategy for the second go around was to concentrate on getting 70+ on the most heavily weighted subjects. yes you did that in FRA (which as someone mentioned above is one of the more difficult), but that wasn’t accomplised in any of the others (ethics, fixed income, quant). do that next time and you’ll be golden. (don’t ignore the other sections though, because it will come back and bite you in L2) Good luck, and in a couple days you’ll be ready to go at it again.

Don’t worry so much. i had the same as you last year and it took me 2 weeks to get over it. I retook the exam again this june and passed easily.just practice, solve tests and you are in. I don’t believe you will have the chance to be band 10 twice. just relax and start over again. good luck…