Where is everyone at? I am still on Ethics.

I started in late July and I’m halfway through Economics with Schweser Books 3, 4, & 5 still ahead of me. I’ve talked to professionals I work with who are CFA charterholders and all of them say I am actually ahead of the game. Anyone who starts earlier than 4 months before risks burning out and losing retention of material. Think about how difficult it is in a college semester final exam to remember first week information, then add on all the minutia and the pressure of the exam, and I think anyone who is “done” is risking an awful lot by already exhausting all of the material. I also have a friend who started in April with CFAI and his study habits have gone to hell because he’s burnt out (not to mention completely frustrated with the lack of direction the CFAI books have to offer). In conclusion, you should pick it up a little to get into Quant – it takes a while to shuffle through the various topic areas, but in no way are you too far behind or in bad shape. I’d argue you’re in just as good of shape as those who have studied for 4 months already.

padircks, I couldnt agree more. I just finished reading economics and will start the third book on saturday (I’m going out tonight - c’mon, im 22 and living in manhattan, do you think I could really stay in studying every night?) I’ve heard of some people who have already read all the texts - I mean, seriously, why start so early? And I think it is true - most professionals out there probably dont start buckling down until october, especailly if the majority are working more than 60 hr weeks.

I started mid August and so far finished Ethics, Quants, Portfolio management and 2/3 of FSA with the respective Qbank questions. I am planning to start practises exams first week of November

As I have always believed and as my crim law professor espoused, “done” is when there is no time left. I think this don’t study the week before, night before etc stuff is crap. You are done studying when the proctor says start.

I started mid June and just finished book 3 last night!! Moved to dubai at the begining of the year and have had a few visitors through which slowed me down (not to mention the world cup!). I’m aiming to finish book 6 by the end of october, leaving november to review. Progress is relative. I’m coming from an engineering background so alot of the content I haven’t seen since high school!! I wish I had discoved the q bank ealier than last week! I have also found the text books a little wanting and very frustrating at times. good luck to all. cheers

I have (quickly) read the books once and going though them again, this time, taking time to understand stuff page by page and trying out the Concept Checkers at the end of each reading. - Dinesh S