Where the heck are the z-tables????

Doing VAR stuff, where can I find these… Schweser says it is in the back of the book. Well, it isn’t in mine. I feel dumb.

http://lilt.ilstu.edu/dasacke/eco148/ZTable.htm Here’s an online version you can print off. I think they kinda messed up on that one. Cheers.

Geez… I’d be willing to stake my charter on the fact that all you need to know for the exam is that about 68% of observations fall within 1 std deviation and 95% is 2 std deviations.

Var only considers left tail. 95% = 1.65 SD 99% = 2.32 SD

I just reference them from the Qbank … they have the alt z tables you will need for your VAR calculations

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Geez… I’d be willing to stake my charter on the > fact that all you need to know for the exam is > that about 68% of observations fall within 1 std > deviation and 95% is 2 std deviations. Why the hell would you do that? ; ) Be careful you don’t screw up with that logic though because VAR only measures left tail risk (as I am sure you know). So if you are looking for 5% in the left tail you are actually using the 10% significance level for the total distribution. Using two standard deviations would only get you 2.5% in the left tail. I think you’re getting kind of chippy because you had to work yesterday. Edit: That post sounded more serious that it was supposed to…I am just messing with you plyon. Also we need to weight the pros and cons of several drinking establishments ahead of time for post-exam libations.