Where to find MBA scholarships?

OK, great. Thanks for letting me know.

it’s too late…but why do you need assistance first of all? you said you are looking for a merit-based scholarship…i mean we wanna know what are your contributions to society, science, even finance field. oh btw volunteering at the local homeless shelter 2 hours a year and creating spreadsheet models don’t qualify for a merit-based scholarship. that money has to come from somewhere right? and a student somewhere in the country who really really needs that scholarship won’t be able to get it.

Why would it be “too late”? The exact details of what I personally do at work or in my community aren’t really relevant to this thread at hand. I am specifically interested in learning what other scholarship opportunities there are outside of what schools have to offer. As others have mentioned, my next steps will be to contact the financial aid office and other related organizations. Also, I’m perplexed about your line about “volunteering at the local homeless shelter 2 hours a year and creating spreadsheet models don’t qualify for a merit-based scholarship.” Is there a point you’re trying to make here that nobody else already realizes? What makes you think I or anyone else here volunteer at a “local homeless shelter 2 hours a year”? Please explain. Lastly, your last paragraph seems to confuse “need-based” versus “merit-based.”

fastweb.com I recieved 50K for owning my own business that I started while it high school. Its a really helpful site. It essentially paid for my undergrad even though I did not qualify for any need based scholarships. I know they have a section on the website pertaining to graduate school

why do you think you deserve a merit-based scholarship? answer this question and i’ll just say i was wrong and stop speculating. i’d understand if it was PhD but it’s an effn MBA, please.

jayce – thanks for that link. I did check out FastWeb briefly, and although it seemed more geared towards high school students and undergraduates, I’ll make sure to keep tabs on the graduate section more regularly. itstoohot – why I personally think I should qualify for a merit-based scholarship shouldn’t be of any concern to you, or really anyone else besides the persons reviewing my scholarship applications. I can understand your “need to know” if you *really* wanted to get to know me, but how you’re going about it probably isn’t the best way to get to know *anybody*. You can feel free to keep speculating.

Does anyone know how “level of savings” on the FAFSA will impact what I can qualify for in subsidized loans? E.G. assuming the same level of income, would someone with savings of $0 be eligible for the same amount of subsidized loans as someone with $100K?

Numi, I’d also call your undergrad school and see if they provide merit-based scholarships to bschool. I know a few schools have scholarships available.

DirtyZ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does anyone know how “level of savings” on the > FAFSA will impact what I can qualify for in > subsidized loans? E.G. assuming the same level of > income, would someone with savings of $0 be > eligible for the same amount of subsidized loans > as someone with $100K? Retirement savings i.e. 401k, ira, 403b is exempt. For brokerage accounts, savings, and checking I think you are expected to use 10% a year for school. So yes… it could effect the amount of subsidized loans available.