Where to find MBA scholarships?

Hi All, I was wondering if any of you could please suggest sources/websites to look for scholarships/grants to business school. I’d love to get as much financial assistance as possible, and would appreciate any pointers you guys could offer! Many thanks, Numi.

good luck… if you’re Top 15 material the next 15ish (Carnegie Mellons, Rochesters, Notre Dame’s, etc) will give you some scholarship money to go there.

Good luck with that…finance professionals aren’t generally first on the list of people needing/deserving assistance…Plus, they are very limited to begin with vs. undergrad. Don’t waste your time, suck it up and take out some loans and enjoy your summer!

Don’t worry, scholarships for white financial professionals who make $300K a year are in abundent supply. Check the Michael Milken Memorial scholarship fund.

Seriously though, try the financial aid office of whatever school you are attending. They probably have a list pulled together. As others have alluded to, don’t be sad when it’s a pretty short list.

joemontana Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t worry, scholarships for white financial > professionals who make $300K a year are in > abundent supply. Check the Michael Milken > Memorial scholarship fund. Why are you so obsessed with race? And its “abundant”.

Thanks for the tips…I’ll reach out to the financial aid office and see what suggestions they can offer. I’ve received a significant scholarship from my school, but of course I’d be delighted if I could cover the rest of my costs with other scholarships/grants.

Is this a serious post from numi?

Of course. Who wants to be buried in debt after graduating from school?

joemontana Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t worry, scholarships for white financial > professionals who make $300K a year are in > abundent supply. Check the Michael Milken > Memorial scholarship fund. White financial professionals?

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is this a serious post from numi? For some reason numi is obsessed with telling AF every single day he’s going to business school and he provides career advisory services. So no, it’s not a joke.

Also, to be clear, there’s a difference between need-based versus merit-based scholarships – obviously there’s a specific income threshold for the former that most finance professionals probably don’t fit into, but I’d be curious in hearing more about where to find the latter.

MP - demographic factors are incredibly incredibly important for B-School apps. Just ask an Indian IT professional with amazing credentials who can’t get in because of the abundAnt supply of Indian IT dudes applying… God, you’re stupid. Need based scholarships exist for underrepresented minorities and people with unusual backgrounds (non-profit, etc). I imagine a 1000+ white male financial professionals apply to every good MBA school every year.

Part-Time Crook, you’re entitled to express your bitter views, and feel free to vent as you wish…but please note that I don’t really care about that sort of stuff. And please don’t be offended that I don’t care…it’s just a reality of life that you will learn to cope with over time. I am just more interested in hearing about any success that you or others here have had in searching for and procuring merit-based scholarships. So, if you have anything useful to contribute, I’d be delighted to hear. Thanks buddy!

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Also, to be clear, there’s a difference between > need-based versus merit-based scholarships – > obviously there’s a specific income threshold for > the former that most finance professionals > probably don’t fit into, but I’d be curious in > hearing more about where to find the latter. Someone of your stature should get a free ride + spending money. You’re doing them a favor by sitting in class. You did not too well in negotiating your admission.

Merit stuff tends to come from your school. Various organizations provide need based scholarships and scholarships for Peace Corp/military types and underrep minorities. You may find an organization that would consider you because of your charitable work.

joemontana, thanks for the constructive advice. I plan to continue (and hopefully scale) my philanthropic efforts during school, so I’ll look at some organizations I’m currently or aspire to be affiliated with and see what opportunities are available.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > joemontana, thanks for the constructive advice. I > plan to continue (and hopefully scale) my > philanthropic efforts during school, so I’ll look > at some organizations I’m currently or aspire to > be affiliated with and see what opportunities are > available. your school may actually have trusts that donate to people with certain aspirations so check into that. also, a lot of charities/non-profits give scholarships to people who work for them. its always worth a look.

Thanks, mar350. I actually speculate that one of the reasons the school gave me a bit of scholarship money was not necessarily because of my finance background, but rather because of my philanthropy work regionally. However, as you and joemontana have suggested, I haven’t actually looked “outside the box” too much in terms of outside charities and other related non-profits, and I probably should. I’ll definitely spend some time this weekend to see what I can come up with. I appreciate the suggestions.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Part-Time Crook, you’re entitled to express your > bitter views, and feel free to vent as you > wish…but please note that I don’t really care > about that sort of stuff. And please don’t be > offended that I don’t care…it’s just a reality > of life that you will learn to cope with over > time. > I am just more interested in hearing about any > success that you or others here have had in > searching for and procuring merit-based > scholarships. So, if you have anything useful to > contribute, I’d be delighted to hear. Thanks > buddy! My comment was not bitter in any way --I couldn’t care less about you either. I was just describing your recurrent posting habits. Unfortunately the scholarships I received when I went to business school were offered to international students from Latin America who went to either H/S/W, therefore I can’t help this time. You should know by now however that all three schools have a financial aid office and that’s by far your best source.