which calculator are you planning to use for Level 3

hi, i have with me TI BA II Plus calculator that i used in levels 1 and 2. some people told me that the same calc is good enough for level 3 as well…as i am not through the whole syllabus i have no idea about it…what is your opinion …whether one needs to have BA II Plus prof. or just BA II Plus is sufficient? varuchi

The ONLY one that Matters ------> HP12C the Gold Standard :slight_smile:

There’s nothing on the CFA that a BA II can’t handle.

so joemontana…u are going to use BA II plus for the L-3 exam?

BA II plus is good enough. You need BA II Plus prof only if you are a trader in Bonds. There are couple of added functions in BA II Plus for Bond Durations etc. For CFA Level III exam, you are good with BA II Plus.

Sadly, I lost my BAII Prof last month. Really worried now because it got me through LI and LII and now I feel I don’t have that luck with me going into the exam. It still had the stickers on it from last year. So, I’ll be going in with my backup BAII Student. However, I have to say the buttons feel better with this one. I guess my old one had alot of food and drink falling into the cracks. Still, would have liked it if it was going into the exam with me since we been through alot together over the past two years.

i’d say the calculator is far less important for level III than their proir two levels.

varuchi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so joemontana…u are going to use BA II plus for > the L-3 exam? Yes. It has every function you need for LIII.

I’m bringing my HP Abacus.

BAII Platinum… it’s been by good luck charm so far - KNOCK ON WOOD!

TI-82. i prefer the graphing calculator…but depending on battery prices in 3 weeks… if there’s a run up i’m going with a slide rule…

PJStyles Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BAII Platinum… it’s been by good luck charm so > far - KNOCK ON WOOD! I’m going to fr$%^&*in flip out if I don’t find my f%^&@#$% calculator

lol… just saw your post above about how you lost it… go look for it!!! But seriously, if you’re ready you don’t need the good luck charm. Hard work has no substitute.

PJStyles Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lol… just saw your post above about how you lost > it… go look for it!!! But seriously, if you’re > ready you don’t need the good luck charm. Hard > work has no substitute. Thanks PJ, I agree no sub for hard work. Just hard dealing with the loss. The calculator starts to become family over time. I haven’t had much support from family and friends during the program so I was abit attached to it.

UAECFA - I have a BAII plus that I don’t use…happy to send it to you if you pay the Fed Ex charges. I bought it (with company funds) in 2006 and quickly decided I liked the HP12 better

pingy, That’s really nice of you. Thanks, I really appreciate that but I’ll have to decline your generous offer. Like I said its this particular calculator and as I can see now, my fellow L3 AF co-horts, that have been my really family to me. I’ll just have to keep looking, hopefully it will re-surface. Thanks again.

mac book air (II Plus)