Which calculator are you using?

1. Texas Instruments BA II Plus 2. Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional 3. Hewlett Packard 12C 4. Hewlett Packard 12C Platinum
  1. Abacus

1 & 2.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 5. Abacus Kind sir, would you mind disclosing how much you paid for your fine mathematical instrument? I am currently in the market myself.

cfaL1_10 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1. Texas Instruments BA II Plus > 2. Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional > 3. Hewlett Packard 12C > 4. Hewlett Packard 12C Platinum I have been using number 2, works just fine and changing battery is very easy, no screws or anything.

Was using #1, but end up using #2 on exam day and it’s really comfortable compared to #1 IMO

ValueAddict Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > brianr Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 5. Abacus > > > Kind sir, would you mind disclosing how much you > paid for your fine mathematical instrument? I am > currently in the market myself. I’m glad you asked; a young man from India going by the name Ananda gave it to when he upgraded to a TI BAII Plus from a place in Delhi. He was fortunate enough to only pay 3,600 INR /- with bill for it and in a grand gesture of generosity he passed along his well used abacus. I unfortunately am not able to provide any pricing information as the abacus market has largely moved underground.

2 LOL brianr

I’m a traditionalist, #3. Although I guess if I were a true traditionalist, I would use little piles of pebbles for the hard stuff and my fingers and toes for the basic stuff. BTW, you can get an abacus on ChinaSprout.com for $5.95.

wow, 90% of the answers above are actually serious.

I am using a TI-83 Plus that I retained from high school. That’s how enginerds like to roll.

1. Hewlett Packard 12C Platinum bear use to hand them out like candy

4 is boss.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am using a TI-83 Plus that I retained from high > school. That’s how enginerds like to roll. If you’re a true enginerd, all the print is worn off and you can still use it because you know all the key functions by heart.