Which calculator to choose for ERP exam?

Teh calculator choices are limited and I was gonna buy HP 12c just to have the best and done for many years

But when I went to Amazon.com website I saw many negative comments comapring the old 12c to the new 12c

Appearantly there is a huge quality drop

All I want is a calculator where I can type a formula like; 12*(1+0.05)^2 / (5*(1+0.01)^3*8)

Can HP let me type a formula like this? Or I need to go thru loops and do one segment at a time?

I always recommend Texas Instruments BA II Plus (or professional), easy to learn (huge number of videos are available) and easy to use. And yes you can solve 12*(1+0.05)^2 / (5*(1+0.01)^3*8) directly in BA II Plus.

Thanks for the reply

Another question, any of the HP s can do this?

12*(1+0.05)^2 / (5*(1+0.01)^3*8)

As per my experience it is best to use Texas Instruments BA II Plus (or professional), Because personally

i felt easy to use this.

My Pleasure

I dont have experience with HP, but I checked and found that yes it can be solved with HP. You can look for details below in HP manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01798099.pdf

Go in 50 seconds:

[video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KKgvRw1rrU&t=50]

I am still not getting the answer I need

I owned many Casios that can do this formula on the screen

But Casio is not accepted in the exam

So any other opinions?

If you are asking :

“Can I type this formula verbatim in on one line and then press enter”, then the answer is NO

If you are asking “Can a calculator compute this” then the answer is yes, but you need to learn how to use it. HP12C can do this in fewer keysrtokes but you need to learn how to use RPN to get the benefit of that. That might not be the best use of your time at this stage unless you can get the hang of it pretty quickly.

BTW, you need to be careful about your order of precedence. Do you mean

12*(1+0.05)^2 / (5*(1+0.01)^(3*8) )

or

12*(1+0.05)^2 / (5*( (1+0.01)^3) *8)

I am sorry for not being clear

I know that these calculators can solve the problem

The real question is

Can I really type EXACTLY 12*(1+0.05)^2 / (5*(1+0.01)^(3*8) ) ?

Just to let you know Casio can do this but Texas Instruments BAII Plus can not.

No. not on one-line exactly like that. I use the HP. Here would be the keystrokes ( [+] means press “+” key etc)

0.05 [Enter] 1 [+] 2 [y^x] 12 [*] 0.01 [Enter] 1 [+] 3 [Enter] 8 [*] [y^x] 5 [*] [/]

Not that this is using RPN notation. Newer HPs also allow normal algebraeic entry but I don’t know if anyone gets the HP and doesn’t use the RPN, you might as well just get the cheaper TI as do that. However you do not need brackets and can do most calculations without storing intermediate answers explicitly