Which calculator?

I am going to Wal-Mart tonite to buy my approved calculator for the test tonite. I don’t have any experience w/ either of them. Does anyone have any reccomendations? Thanks in advance.

I love TAII Plus Professional, would recommend it to anyone out there going to write the CFA. Good luck!

Thanks, I appreciate it.

BA II Plus professional, and you better learn it quick.

Hp12c dude, 90 bucks @ Best Buy. Please learn how to use it this weekend, it is tricky at first! I am still learning complex bond stuff with mine

I have the BAII Plus and will be purchasing the Plus Pro. I like some of the added features of the Plus Pro and want to have a backup to bring with me to the exam so this is the best way to go.

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hp12c dude, 90 bucks @ Best Buy. Please learn how > to use it this weekend, it is tricky at first! I > am still learning complex bond stuff with mine daj, if you’re still messing around figuring out your 12C, how is this person any better off with just one week to go?

are they really that tricky to use? I’ve been using an HP 10BII to practice. Is the other HP that different?

I believe the 12C uses RPN whereas the 10BII doesn’t, and if you don’t know what that is, then don’t even bother with the 12C. Amazon has the BAII Plus pro for 33.78. Even with paying for overnight shipment, you’re still ahead than buying a 12C.

have both, will bring both :slight_smile: better use the ba2+ as it is “easier” per se. as an investment and personal preference i’d suggest 12C anniversary but you dont have enough time to learn RPN (you can use Algebraic but not suggested), CFs, Amortization and all the rest.

joevc03 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > are they really that tricky to use? I’ve been > using an HP 10BII to practice. Is the other HP > that different? YEAH, GET A 12C NOW. YOU CANT EVEN USE A 10B SO WHY ARE YOU MESSING AROUND WITH THAT ?

I would recomend the 12-C. If u have trouble with RPN, buy the Platinum edition, so that you can do normal ALG calc. At least it’s one less thing to worry about. But in the long run, the 12-C is the best, fastest, calc out there.

I have used both and my opinion is that the TI calculator is easier to use if you have used a basic “non finance” calculator before. My favorite has become the HP 12C because of the layout. It is a little more difficult to use right away, but once you get used to it I think it is actually easier and I think it has more functions. Although it is more expensive…