which do you think were "trial/ experimental" questions?

So I hear that there are always questions included in the exam that are not actually graded as they are being tested for quality, etc. Do you think this is so… what do you think may have been?? I wonder if the ones that were unique to the different geographical regions may have been those… hmm??? At the same time, with so few to begin with I couldn’t imagine it would be an entire item set. I sure as heck hope some of the PM section was “test”.

I think you are confusing this test with the Series 7

no, the CFAI does put trial questions on their actual exam that do not contribute to the final score. I would have no clue which would be the trial questions…I sure hope its all the questions I got wrong lol

i wonder if someone has failed for having a questions thrown out. That would SUCK

only the performance based on Portfolio Management and Ethics will be counted. Rest of the sections were “test” questions which will not matter in deciding whether you passed or failed. Our destiny is depend on those 18 Q’s

deep2002 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no, the CFAI does put trial questions on their > actual exam that do not contribute to the final > score. I would have no clue which would be the > trial questions…I sure hope its all the > questions I got wrong lol —where did you see this? there were 20 item sets, 120 questions all together, if they throw out any, how do they get to 360 pts?..that doesn’t make sense to me

I have this information from the Schweser instructor who is a former grader for CFAI. I have seen it somewhere else before about their trial questions. Obviously the final would not be 360 when they take a trial question out.

but when they send you the results, it sums to 360, I remember seeing that from last year’s result thread

deep2002 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have this information from the Schweser > instructor who is a former grader for CFAI. I have > seen it somewhere else before about their trial > questions. Obviously the final would not be 360 > when they take a trial question out. The graders don’t grade the multiple choice.

hmm, good point. Not sure about that part, I know they do throw questions out and there is a big list of other statistics they use (which questions most got right, which questions most got wrong, etc.) Maybe one day all the cult hush-hush at the CFAI will be lifted and we will know for sure how they do things there.

SkyinBrian521 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > deep2002 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I have this information from the Schweser > > instructor who is a former grader for CFAI. I > have > > seen it somewhere else before about their trial > > questions. Obviously the final would not be 360 > > when they take a trial question out. > > > > The graders don’t grade the multiple choice. multiple choice on level 2 is a new process, before 2004 (or 2003) you had to write for each question - no multiple choice.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > only the performance based on Portfolio Management > and Ethics will be counted. Rest of the sections > were “test” questions which will not matter in > deciding whether you passed or failed. > > Our destiny is depend on those 18 Q’s Where did you get this from?

his ass…

* zing *

I think the barriers question (answer) has to go. It was a terrible question.