Which is more impressive?

Hello, I am trying to find a credit job soon. Do you think companies would be interested in a CFA level 2 candidate or someone who has BIWS financial modeling guide on their resume? Im trying to decide if I should just buy the BIWS modeling guide and do CFA level 2 next year.

Thank You,

How does buying the BIWS modeling guide relate to your resume? If after buying, and within 2 months, you understand EVERYTHING modeling that is in the BIWS guide, then by all means go this route and get a job. I think it’s more important to get a job (that’s relevant to your career path) than to get the CFA blindly. Even if it means postponing taking the test for a year.

CFA level 2 candidate all day. For one, not everyone knows what BIWS guide is - can’t impress someone if it’s not well known, and two, that sort of breaking into something prep course becomes almost irrelvant once you actually get the job. Every company has its own way of doing things, and unless you’re running the team, there’s not much room to be creative. Go for something that has longer shelf life.

BIWS isn’t really something for putting on your resume. It’s something you do so that you can produce a sample that gets you an interview and gives you enough confidence to answer questions about your model while in the interveiw if you get it.

I suppose it can go on the resume, but you shouldn’t be highlighting it prominently, nor expect it to work magic. It’s your sample model that will get more attention.

Didnt really this post was moved… I am trying to get a credit job, like being an analyst at a credit desk, credit analyst at a CB or even an analyst at a CRA.

I don’t mind going for CFA level 2 but it takes forever

Yeah that makes sense… It just feels like I am getting very little feedback on my job applications atm…

“Takes forever”… you could be done by the first week in June. A little over 4 months isn’t really that long in the grand scheme of things.

I meant like it’ll take forever for it to have an impact on my resume. I’ll have to wait until the end of July to get my results. and what if I fail? then ill have some hard explaining to do too. You are making me think more about this which is what I want.

Only 1 out of the 5 guys I work with completed all level on the first attempt. Failing a CFA exam isn’t a huge deal to most employers, having to wait a year to try again is the dreadful part.

CFA is way more prestigious