Which place is nicer to live?

I am thinking about buying a place in Greater NYC metropolitan area. The choices are: Stamford, CT, Greenwich CT, long island City, North NJ. Which are is better for foreign born professionals? Thanks, Greenwich CT is nice and charming. But I don’t think I could fit in.

Lived in Stamford for a while, it was (and I imagine is) far, far more diverse than Greenwich. There’s a lot of old- and new- money WASPS in Greenwich that make up the majority of the Beemer-drivers. I say this as a honky white guy myself. Stamford was still a great town, but far more diverse. Lots of young professionals who were first- and second- generation immigrants from China, India, etc.

Born and raised in Stamford… Good little city, has basically everything you need and is a pretty large financial center… Greenwich is beautiful but full of snobby rich folks. If you have more questions on Stamford (Good neighborhoods etc.) I could help you out.

Mr.Good.Guy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Born and raised in Stamford… Good little city, > has basically everything you need and is a pretty > large financial center… Greenwich is beautiful > but full of snobby rich folks. If you have more > questions on Stamford (Good neighborhoods etc.) I > could help you out. Mr. GoodGuy, do you know of any job openings in Stamford. Am a CFA L2 candidate, currently live in LA but I am willing and ready to relocate anywhere I can find a job. If you have any ideas pls hit me at fadam23@gmail.com thanks.

The waterfront area of Jersey City has become extremely popular with NYC professionals in recent years and North Jersey in general is very ethnically diverse.

long island city is a total hellhole, had a client there for a while. Saving grace is its like 15 minutes to midtown manhattan. Greenwich is by far the nicest of those areas, but its a bit of a commute. Plus everyone there is extremely white and extremely rich.

I live in Stamford. Nice little town and just 45 minute train ride to Grand Central. The rent in Stamford is little cheaper than Manhattan but not as cheap as you expect to be in a little town like Stamford. Greenwich is expensive because of rich people. North NJ is hellhole except Exchange Place in Jersey city but rent is expensive. Let me know if you have any questions.

Exchange Place and Newport/Pavonia Jersey City are ridiculously expensive!

There are a lot of buy side shops in Stamford area, also check on the big boys, UBS, Bank of Ireland and RBS which all have large offices in Stamford. The local society also has decent gatherings which are good for networking…

LaGrandeFinale Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Exchange Place and Newport/Pavonia Jersey City are > ridiculously expensive! They might not let you sign the lease if you are not asian, correct?

Hoboken, NJ.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hoboken, NJ. Good enough for Jon S. Corzine