which way is faster to get into the Financial field?

Hi guys. I have been trying to lunch a job in equity research for the past few months, after thousands of no-reply resume, I realized it’s impossible to get into the field with little or no experience. I am currently a CFA level 2 candidate. I am confused of which direction should I go. I know it’s easier to get a Fund Accountant, or Financial Advisors(commission base), or junior Trader position. but not sure which way will take me to the equity research position faster. any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

i would think a junior trader would be hard as well.

I saw a lot of job posting from Swift Trade, require no experience, and they will provide necessary training. so I thought it might be easier to be a junior trader…

maybe the kind where you provide your own capital and work from home…

i’ve been trying to land myself a junior trader role for the past 4 months now - still no luck. i’m told its one of the toughest places to get in directly - usual path is to start in middle/back office or as a trading assistant and then move your way in from there. i’m taking the CFA level 1 in Dec - but really wonder whether it’ll help in landing a job in the industry in any way - and now, given your experience, aparently it doesn’t help! i’m from a consulting background - and am very excited about moving to finance… but finding it real hard to get a foot in! perhaps - i should just move to one of the top tier consulting firms instead…since that’s certainly the ‘normal path’ …given that i have over 2 yrs on experience in consulting in a 2nd tier firm and have been doing reasonably well there… or perhaps an MBA would get me a foot in …but that’s such an expensive option! sorry…didn’t mean to hijack your thread or anything - just reinforcing that - yes, it is indeed very difficult to get a leg in to the finance industry - and it can be very daunting - especially with other (presumably, easier) options available - but if finance is what you want…then so be it! we jsut have to be patient and persistantly keep trying…until we make it in! :slight_smile: you are way better off than i am though - since you are already past the level 1 - perhaps you should try to get a place in a small / local house …then look to move to a bigger name once you have some experience to your name?

I personally found the fund accountant position to be the easiest way to get a foot into the industry but wonder how close it can ever get you to equity research / analyst …and from what i read and heard , traders are a closely knit community and it is hard as hell to find a way in …except swift trade…