Whisky

^^^^huh? … another try? at least 3 of the whiskies you mentioned above are of the “burning rubber” variety.

…“burning rubber” …as if!

what it’s like to drink an Islay whisky, by KMD…You are stading on the rocky shores of Scotland. The sea is churning with foam, deep blue green, and specks of light that reflect off a setting sun. A storm is blowing in. The thunderheads are a mirror of the termpmental waves. There is a bonfire on the shore feeding on ancient brine encrusted wood from an old ship wreck. The flames strain in the gusts. The strengthening winds envelop your consciousness with doses of salt, sea and smoke

does anyone use a decanter? Or is that no longer a thing…

by the way thanks for all the suggestions/tips^^^^^^

glen cairn glass with ~1min per year in the cask.

My go to are Oban 14 (costco has it).

I just tried some japanese ones this weekend. Yamazaki 16 seemed overrated…

Lagavulin 16, is now one of my go to favorites.

or just pickle back it, everything tastes fine that way…

I have 5, would like to get more but they aren’t cheap.

Usually get them from consignment stores.

Kind of like sticking a straw straight into a bog. Great stuff.

Not even close.Octomore is…to my knowledge.

http://www.bruichladdich.com/whisky-shop/octomore/063-258-ppm

are they worth it/necessary?

views on Johnnie Walker? Blue label, worth it or not?

JW blue label is a blend btw. at that price point you can get bottles of better single malts.

you don’t need a proper decanter. what you do need is to let it breathe in a glass. refer to my earlier post.

youtube Ralfy. great reviews on all kinds of whisk(e)y. There’s also a german bloke who does the same in english and german, though I find Ralfy’s more entertaining.

Blends are not necessarily worse than single malts at a certain price point

sure, I can agree with that. But since he seems new I thought I’d point out the difference.

My philosophy has always been drink whatever you like, and enjoy it in good health. Whisky snobbery is hacksaw.

Thanks for the pointer man, I should of added more detail to my post, I know blue label is a blend I was just asking for some opinions on it.

http://www.whisky.de/whisky/whisky.html

This is the website I use for reviews etc.

Completely agree, but then again the same philosophy can be applied to everything in life.

Snobbery is hacksaw.

Well said.

I’m about midway through earnings season and decided to do a forum search for “Oban 18,” which not coincidentally is what I am drinking right now. Much to my delight I came across this thread. Who knew there were so many scotch connoisseurs on this forum?!

On my shelf right now:

Ardbeg 10

Ardbeg Uigeadail (anyone else like this better than Lagavulin 16? Thought I’d never say so…)

Dalwhinnie 15 (doesn’t do anything special for me, not sure why I have this)

Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban (thought I’d like the port finish more than I actually do)

Hibiki 12

Highland Park 15

Hudson Baby Bourbon Whiskey

Johnnie Walker Black Label (for mixers)

Laphroaig 10

Laphroaig 15

Lagavulin 16

Macallan 12 (can have a drink of this anytime)

Oban 14 (can have a drink of this anytime)

Oban 18

I try not to have too much stuff that tastes similar, but otherwise would also own Talisker 10, Aberlour A’bunadh, Caol Ila 12.

I already offered to host anyone in the New York area for next year’s fantasy football draft and want to help finish some of these bottles…or whatever is still remaining seven months from now…

Maybe not better than, but about equally. I like the cinnamon finish.

Get the Caol Ila… nice sibling to Lagavulin

The one Caol Ila I had I didn’t like particularly.

Ah, well.

New addition to my wishlist - The Glendronach Cask Strength. Wonderful flavour with a sherry finish. not to be missed imo.