Whisky

I ended up buying a bottle of blue label and it did not disappoint.

A liquor store in South Carolina e-mailed me about this maybe a year ago, but I cannot find it locally.

There may be a store in Los Angeles that stocks it; I need to check it out.

Just order it.

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/22405/glendronach-cask-strength-batch-3

they donā€™t ship to Canada. I am really sick of our liquor controls.

Got a bottle of Laphroaig this week and popped it open last night. Add 1 cube of ice and sip slowly. Some delicious peat!

S2000- I usehttp://www.whiskyshopusa.com/glendronach-cask-strength/

They may not have everything you are looking for but they have that. Big plus that they are located in San Francisco since we are both west coast. You can find Glendronach at Bevmo but I think they only have the 12 yr.

Iā€™ve gotten the 15-year (Revival) at BevMo.

Iā€™ll look into getting it shipped. The only downside is that, as I recall, someone has to be home to sign for it, and my scheduleā€™s a bit erratic. But it could work.

I hope you guys have been having a wee dram to celebrate the Bard this week. Iā€™ve got my 3rd Burns Supper this weekend which almost makes up for the lack or proper haggis this side of the pond.

Said it before, but if you havenā€™t already done so, check our Bowmore. The 12 year is my regular tipple and itā€™s exquisite. I got a bottle of the 18 year when I became a CFA and it was fucking beautiful. Also worth looking at Jura.

I can never get my head around the worlds obsession with Johnny fecking Walker. Whatā€™s the blue label like?

Iā€™ve never tried Bowmore, nor Jura.

Somewhere new to explore.

Thanks, Gringo!

(PS: what happened to your avatar?)

octomore 6.1 is some tasty stuff. just splurged on the 6.3 becuase its the highest ppm count iā€™ve ever seen. it is like having a campfire in your mouth

ā€¦a campfire feeding off the brined planks of a shipwreckā€¦ yes?

Try Japanese Whisky and youā€™ll forget scotch.

Hakushu - very smooth

Yamazaki - yet to try this but heard rave reviewsā€¦ not avaiable in several store I tried

Iā€™ve had Yamazaki 12, and it was pretty good.

I bought a bottle of Yamazaki 18 for a friend of mine (Yamazaki-san), but didnā€™t get a chance to try it. One of these days I shall.

I donā€™t normally like Johnnie Walker either but I bought both the green label and blue label, they taste amazing.

One of the best blends you could ever get your hands on, and no you are not just paying for the fancy packaging the whisky itself is luxurious smooth, full of rich, complex flavours.

Oban 18 - i didnt like itā€¦although the guy at the whisky exchange opposite The Ritz said it was his favourite.

Lagavulin 16 - so nice! My fave on the list.

Talisker 10 - is always a safe bet.

Balvenie 16 triple cask - bought a bottle yesterday at the airport. Itā€™s very niceā€¦but not as smooth as I wanted it to beā€¦

Is it better than the Lagavulin 16?.. Is that you favourite on the list?

We were drinking Talisker Storm for burns night, bit too harsh and smokey for me but fans of the Talisker 10 would love it Iā€™m sure. Itā€™s interesting that a lot of the big named distilleries are now launching lines with branded names on top of their signature 10/12/15 etc.

I got rid of the avatar when I stopped posting a while back. Have somehow started up again thoughā€¦

ok cool, Iā€™ll give them a shot. I ruled them out as a mass produced export brand trying to go upscale.

nobody drinks JW in the motherland. Famous Grouse and Bells are the big popular blends that get mixed in coke etc

Heard really good things about Green Label but havenā€™t gotten my hands on it yet. Black is okay but slightly overpriced. Meh, drink what you like.

Been having Balvenie Doublewood the past week, a bit sweet and vanilla-y but nice change of pace - not too complex and easy drinker. Bottle is probably slightly overpriced but it was a gift so no harm done.

Jura is on the list.

S2000, what was your assessment of the Japanese whiskies? One criticism Iā€™ve heard is itā€™s often ā€œtoo cleanā€.

yeah guys, and while youā€™re at it try Scottish sake. it tastes like someoneā€™s pissed it out after a heavy night on the Buckfast but youā€™ll never want to try Japanese sake againā€¦

found the Scot.