Who else is cramming like a mofo today?

I still haven’t read a lick of fixed income or derivatives. I’m hoping I’m strong enough in FRA and Equity to push through anyway.

haha, good luck. it ain’t that easy. but you can easily do Forwards and Futures in 2-3 hrs. (expect 2-3 questions from those 2 chap). Also do quick understanding on put call parity. just learnt it yesterday. Call = - Bond Put = -Stock Stock = -put Bond = -Call FI i’d just just do EOC reading. at this point won’t even bother reading questions, just read answers like a story. FI is not easy.

Thanks. I’m hoping my work experience trading derivatives and futures will at least net me a 50. I’m just hoping to bank 40% on the Fixed income.

doing no questions; just writing and rewriting formulas

Yeah I’m cramming. If you’re trading deri and futures you must work for an ib or hf. Why even take the test?

you really need to try to get through everything. People who bank on equity and FSA kind of have their logic screwy. Each vignette is usually focused on one section. So if you get a couple of vignettes on sections you didn’t review you would probably only get 2-3 correct out of 6. The MINIMUM passing is on average 4/6 correct and that still might not be a pass. In order to not go over a section and still pass, you would have to get a perfect score in FSA and Equity. Maybe it’s just me but I definitely don’t get full scores on all of the vignettes i’ve studied for.

Ya obviously but at thisnpoint, peoplemwould rather havebsome hope than give up and I commend that

Wish I could, but I’ll be at work all day today and I don’t want to overload myself at night. Ah well.

Just reviewing here. My weak areas are Swaps and Portfolio Management and Economics, but for some reason, the ethics case on the AM section of the CFAI mock went really bad for me. I’m reviewing that section–as I’m sure they’ll have a section on soft dollar standards. But yes, I am cramming–reviewing some of those long formulae. Could I choose–I’d have nothing but equity and FRA (excluding foriegn investments and hyperinflation) :slight_smile:

homie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah I’m cramming. > > If you’re trading deri and futures you must work > for an ib or hf. Why even take the test? Nope. Independent power company that uses forwards, swaps, options as hedging instruments. I’m taking the test to learn more…not get a job.

cramming and jamming…

verse214 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you really need to try to get through everything. > People who bank on equity and FSA kind of have > their logic screwy. > > Each vignette is usually focused on one section. > So if you get a couple of vignettes on sections > you didn’t review you would probably only get 2-3 > correct out of 6. > > The MINIMUM passing is on average 4/6 correct and > that still might not be a pass. In order to not > go over a section and still pass, you would have > to get a perfect score in FSA and Equity. Maybe > it’s just me but I definitely don’t get full > scores on all of the vignettes i’ve studied for. The math here is pretty simple. Let’s say I get an 80% on the 65% of the curriculum that I’ve studied. I only need a 51% on the remaining 35%. Seems like it’s worth a shot to me.

Workdog3 thinks like an analyst, I like it :-). Thanks for the confidence boost lol.

workdog3 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > verse214 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > you really need to try to get through > everything. > > People who bank on equity and FSA kind of have > > their logic screwy. > > > > Each vignette is usually focused on one > section. > > So if you get a couple of vignettes on sections > > you didn’t review you would probably only get > 2-3 > > correct out of 6. > > > > The MINIMUM passing is on average 4/6 correct > and > > that still might not be a pass. In order to > not > > go over a section and still pass, you would > have > > to get a perfect score in FSA and Equity. > Maybe > > it’s just me but I definitely don’t get full > > scores on all of the vignettes i’ve studied > for. > > The math here is pretty simple. Let’s say I get > an 80% on the 65% of the curriculum that I’ve > studied. I only need a 51% on the remaining 35%. > Seems like it’s worth a shot to me. The weighting is all ranged. If the weighting turned out to be like the 2011 mock the method would be screwed. In order for that method to work the weightings would have to be maxed out for Equity and FSA. The mock was 35% Equity and FSA and if you’re lucky, 10% of whatever other section it was that you studied, if you’re unlucky, 5%. In order to get an 80 in the sections you reviewed you have to average 5/6 correct per vignette which can be difficult even if you know the material. I’m not saying I know everything front to back but you really do need to go over every topic.

Starting now…11AM on the east coast. Took care of all the administrative crap this AM…new pencils, batteries, printed exam ticket, confirmed test center. Focus today is Ethics, equity and trying to plug a few holes. (Treynor Black, earnings quality, swaptions) Quitting around 6:00PM. Good Luck all.

I really is doing my maths like workdog. Get 80% on ethics, FSA and Equity and 60% on the rest. Hope it will work…

I really need to review quant but I’ve picked up the book 3 times now and put it down again. After that is done I plan to read Ethics and do a few random practice questions just to re assure myself that I do actually know some things.

less than 13 hours over here in Dubai. I want to do one extra quick review of the whole curriculum in the next 4 hours efore getting hopefully around 6-7 hours of sleep

I’m trying to study, but i’m sick as $&%. Brutal timing for flu/sinus infection/whatever…